Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So I've had my HP mini 210-1000 for less than a year. Last night I accidently let the battery die - it's happenedonce or twice before. When Iplugged it in to charge he battery again, I noticed that it says 0% available, plugged in, ot charging.

I've run the HP diagnostic on the battry,and it says it's in good condition. I took the battery out and dusted it off, put it back in, and still nothing. I've tested to make sure the outlet is working, and the computer will work with the AC adapter plugged in and the battery out.

Please help - I like my little netbook, but it doesn't do me any good if I have to plug it in all the time!

Thanks.

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

try this link

Battery Charging Is Not Indicated in Vista or Charging LED Does Not Turn On

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
HP Recommended

Tried it... still not resolved... do I need to restart?

HP Recommended

yes restart if its still not working try updating the Bios

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
HP Recommended

and also you may want to try this

Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

HP Recommended

Okay, I did the hard reset and it's still not working.

I really appreciate you help, but I'm guessing at this point it's time to take it to the place I bought it and see what they can do... unless you have another suggestion?

HP Recommended

did you try updating the Bios and drivers as well

HP Mini 210-1000 PC series

HP Recommended

Did the BIOS thing, too... still not charging... I'm thinking Occam's Razor here... bad battery (even though my nb thinks it's good).

Still open to suggestions, though, as I wont be able to get a replacement until Saturday... 🙂

HP Recommended

might try this as well

Calibrating the Notebook Battery

HP Recommended

😞

That didn't help either, since unplugging the netbook makes it die. I can't get it to charge at all.

Despair.

(at least until Saturday)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.