Question
HP Mini 1000, grinding fan noise.
Replies (13)

Student
tinaj93
Message 11 of 14 (2,183 Views)

Re: HP Mini 1000, grinding fan noise.

I have the same problem but the noise is not constant. It only happens sometimes and I dont find that my netbook overheats. Would cleaning the fan fix it? and how the heck do i clean and take it apart? could someone explain in plain english?

Student
REM96
Message 12 of 14 (2,106 Views)

i used a vacuum cleaner to blow it around:smileyhappy: it really worked

Honor Student
Raven319
Message 13 of 14 (1,713 Views)

I have the same issue. The problem is inherent with the fan. The bearings are made poorly. I've been in IT for a while and I see this a lot, especially with Sony Viao's. Blowing compressed air in the exhaust or intake port full blast is bad. You will further damage the bearings. For dusting you need to do sweeping passes just like spray painting. 

The only try repair for this is to get a replacement. Probably cheap on Ebay or order one from HP if your mini is under warranty. 

Simple fix. On most models you pop off the bottom, and the fan is usually held in by 3 to 4 mini screws. 

Hope this helps.

Tutor
lXxXMinioNXxXl
Message 14 of 14 (1,588 Views)

try to download the last HPSA (HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT) check if your notebook is supported by coolsense app its under troubleshoot>>thermal & Mechanical>>coolsense  from there you can reduce the noise of the fan 

also update your bios if after you do this step to prevent your notebook from overheating

might as well call hp support if your notebook is under warranty they will support you for this issue 

there is no harm in trying, just always give your best shot!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation