Question

Student
iwvins
Message 1 of 6 (16,477 Views)

HP Mini 110 combo speaker/microphone plug

Unlike other Netbooks, Laptops, and Computers, HP has put a combo port for speakers/microphone on their Mini 110s. I have not been able to find a

combo 3.5mm jack to access these features. I use these netbooks for world travels, and don't want the airport in on my Skype conversations - making a

mic and ear phone required equipment. A work-around, is a USB mic/headset, but these are bulky. Anyone have a solution? 

Student
PhilMarino
Message 2 of 6 (16,450 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 combo speaker/microphone plug

I have also had trouble with the Multi-Jack. I recently bought Dragon Naturally Speaking. It came with a headset with 2 jacks, one spr an one mic. Can'figure out how to connect.HP Info that came with the Mini is sparse and disappointing. Dragon isn't much better.

Can anyone help with a solution?

Thanks

Student
cstou003
Message 3 of 6 (15,246 Views)

I use my Ipod earbuds that have a mic on them, they work perfect. The only problem is you can't use the remote to pause or play or for volume. Otherwise they work perfectly fine. Alternativly you can buy the in ear earphones with mic for ipods made by iLuv, they work as well.

Student
JedOi
Message 4 of 6 (15,193 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm just waiting for my 110c Mini to arrive but I've been looking at the same issue ...

Found this page with connection details for the single 4-pole 3.5mm jack plug on this very site for anyone that feels capable of making their own adapter Warning: may invalidate warranty if damage ensues as a result of using non-approved equipment of course.

There are a few places that sell adapters that look like they might be right for splitting the combo jack socket to seperate headphone/speaker and microphone sockets like this one -> Click Me ... definitely worth checking that the wiring will reproduce the above connection details before risking blowing any delicate electronics inside the machine though :smileywink:

Will post here again if any new information comes my way,

ttfn

Student
bobvino
Message 5 of 6 (10,010 Views)

Has anyone tried this connector?  I want to use skype and don't want to have two headsets!  Why didn' HP supply this?

Student
SahilMaqbool
Message 6 of 6 (3,351 Views)

I simply use a Blackberey headset and the problem is solved.....but hp must made head phone avaiable for hp mini 110...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation