HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-16-2009 05:00 PM
The HP Mini 2140's odd resolution (1024 x 576) makes it impossible for me to load my HP 6150 all in one printer driver. When i try to load the drivers, the first thing the installation program does is a system check. After a few seconds, the installation stops and i get a message that says the netbook resolution (576) is below the minimum (600) required. The installation program will not progress beyond that point. So I can't print from an HP netbook to an HP printer. I spent several hours with both the HP printer support folks and the HP notebook folks. Both were no help and seemed to have absolutely no idea what a netbook even was. Both tried to get me to change the resoltuion in Properties (can be done on this netbook) and both tried to get me to load the driver from disk (netbooks don't have cd/dvd drives). The only solution I can think of is for HP to put out a new version of the driver that lowers the minimum required resolution.
Is there any way, beyond HP releasing a new driver to overcome this problem?
07-14-2009 08:03 PM
07-21-2009 12:06 PM
have you read this already?
there is a workaround there saying that to install the software one must first use an external monitor capable of the minimum resolution requirement... but am not sure if it's gonna solve your problems. however still, after successfull installation it didn't say that the software will work when you use the built-in screen.
i too own a mini 2140, but i haven't installed any software yet that has issues with the 2140 SD edition's resolution.
just thought this might help... i hope it does coz later on i might encounter this as well.
08-03-2009 11:30 AM
08-03-2009 12:00 PM
I have the same problem. I bought this mainly to play music using a specific DJ program called OTSJUKE, which I already paid for. The program's install says it needs a minimum 800 X 600 resolution, which isn't an option on the screen properties. If anyone knows of a workaround, it sure would be nice to actually make this thing useable. I don't care if I can see the bottom 30 pixels but I do need to install software. Maybe this was made for DOS business's only!
Netbooks are designed for simple use such as browsing the internet and checking emails. They're cheap, slow, and inefficient.
You can try connecting an external monitor and then installing your software..otherwise take it back and get a real notebook.
08-14-2009 02:24 AM
First download the last driver for your printer, do not use the disk that came with the printer.
- If the installation has stopped, click Help on the lower left corner on the window and then click Properties to open the Display Properties window.Alternately, if you have cancelled the installation, right-click with the mouse on your Desktop, and click Properties to open the Display Properties window.
- Click Settings tab, click Advanced button at the bottom of the window. A new window opens to adjust the monitor settings.
- Click Monitor tab, List All Modes button. The List All Modes window opens.
- From the resulting list, select 800 x600, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz and click OK .
- Click OK twice more to return to the System Requirements Results window.
- Click Retry . The new setting satisfy the system requirements and you can continue with the product installation by following the on-screen instructions.
08-17-2009 11:29 PM
10-19-2009 12:05 PM
Return the display resolution settings to the original values
1. On your Desktop, right-click with the mouse, and then click Properties. The Display Properties window opens.
2. Click the Settings tab, and then click the Advanced button at the bottom of the window. A new window opens to adjust monitor settings.
3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click to select the checkbox: Hide modes that his monitor cannot display.
4. Click the Adapter tab, and then click the List All Modes button. The List All Modes window opens.
5. In the list of modes, click 1024 by 576, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz, and then click the OK button.
6. Click OK twice more. The resolution settings return to the original values.
HIT KUDOS TO SAY THANKS
08-21-2011 04:23 PM - last edited on 08-21-2011 05:26 PM by MrMatthew
hi my computer is 1024x768 but can not buttom can get it too 1050 or 1100x800 please valencia jones[Personal Information Removed]