Question

Student
earmitag
Message 1 of 4 (3,370 Views)

HP Netbook Mini 311-1037NR Jumping Cursor

When typing on the netbook my cursor jumps all over the screen. I am not sure what I must be hitting to cause the cursor jump. I have talked to other users and they have a similar problem. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Tutor
skonie
Message 2 of 4 (3,334 Views)

Re: HP Netbook Mini 311-1037NR Jumping Cursor

If you have the ALPS touchpad, disable tapping.

Click on the touchpad icon on the right side of your bottom taskbar, select properties, select tapping and uncheck the box.

Don't go through an hour with customer support while they uninstall, reinstall the ALPS driver, update your bios, and then tell you that you need to uninstall and reinstall your operating system.  It won't help.

Student
ysdavis
Message 3 of 4 (2,942 Views)

Thank you so much for posting this. Actually I spent 2 hours on the phone dealing with this issue. You saved me 3 hours of technical assistance in the Verizon store! Bless you

Student
AluminumManMan
Message 4 of 4 (1,894 Views)

The way I fixed the problem was put a piece of aluminum foil over the touch pad and then taped it down with duct tape.  Problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation