Question

Honor Student
techless27
Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 won't print the page numbers

I have just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and it won't print the page numbers on my documents; what do I do? If you could explain to someone who is not a techie that would be great. Thank you

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 won't print the page numbers

Hi techless27,

I would be happy to help. What program are you printing from and from what operating system?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Which Windows operating system am I running?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
techless27
Message 3 of 4 (184 Views)

Hi

Sorry I didn't get back to you but I have been away. I am working on Windows 8 and it is a word document. Here's what happened since I posted the question. This document is a handout that I have used and printed on numerous occassions. On my last HP printer no problems: on my Brother black ink printer no problems. On this one it just omits the page numbers. I tried changing the page set up. moving the number up as high as I could on the footer but just didn't print. In fact, although the numbers appeared on the print preview they disappeared as soon as I started a print run. I then copied the whole document and pasted onto a new document saved it under a new name in exactly the same page settings etc as the first doucment and the pages printed. How can you explain that?!!   

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (166 Views)

Hi techless27,

I understand you were able to print your page numbers on the Brother printer and your older HP printer. I have looked up the specifications for the Officejet 8600 and found the following information.

The document margins must match (or exceed) these margin settings in the portrait orientation.
Figure 1: Margins in portrait orientation
Illustrations of document margins in the portrait orientation
Media 1. Left (LM) 2. Right (RM) 3. Top (TM) 4. Bottom (BM)*
U.S. Letter

U.S. Legal

A4 

U.S. Statement

8.5 x 13 inch

Customized media

Photo media

U.S. Executive

B5

A5

Cards

Custom-sized media

Photo media
3.3 mm (0.13 inch)3.3 mm (0.13 inch)3.3 mm (0.13 inch)Windows: 3.3 mm (0.13 inch) 

Macintosh and Linux: 12 mm (0.47 inch)
Envelopes3.3 mm (0.13 inch)3.3 mm (0.13 inch)16.5 mm (0.65 inch)16.5 mm (0.65 inch)
*To achieve these margin settings on a computer running Windows, click the Advanced tab in the print driver, and then select Minimize Margins.

When printing footers and page numbers, we need to be sure your margins are within the printers limitations.

Please let me know if you are within the printers limitations. If you are and the issue persists, let me know. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation