HP Pavilion 10 touchsmart: Your opinion? (124 Views)
Teacher
bataki
Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

HP Pavilion 10 touchsmart: Your opinion?

I'm interested in this computer, if you already have it I would like to know... 1. Is it powerful enough for office tasks and HD video editing and encoding? Does it play well full HD videos from internet or the computer without lags? 2. Is it true that due to the amd processor can overheat? 3. If you remove the battery, can it work connected to the power? 4. Is the 2 gb ram memory enough to move fluently a windows 8 (64 bits)? 5. I've checked on an hp page there is an alert about trouble with some updates? Is this due to the lack of ram memory? Does it happen in all the HP 10? Thank you in advance.
Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 10 touchsmart: Your opinion?

[ Edited ]

Well I do not have one but based on the processor and the video I would say you can expect to run Office pretty well. HD video editing and encoding; not so much. 2 gigs is not going to be enough to run Windows 8 64 bit fluidly for any serious tasks. Overheating should not be a problem since this is a low-voltage processor. HD web content should run fluidly mainly because the screen is pretty low resolution 1366 x 768 does not tax the video card very much but will in my honest opinion make it unsuitable as a video editing platform unless you were to attach a full HD external monitor and the video card will struggle with that I am afraid. $350 is just not going to get you a full-blown production computer even in these days of plummeting PC prices. This is a multimedia and internet consumption platiform, kind of a tablet with just a bit more muscle and a keyboard. You can remove the battery and run it on "mains" as the Brits say. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation