HP Pavilion DV6 - 1216sa - heating and processor problems (713 Views)
Honor Student
MulberryMad
Message 1 of 6 (713 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6 - 1216sa - heating and processor problems

I wondered if someone could help me, ive had my DV61216sa for just over a year and it has always had problems with overheating - even when carrying out minor tasks but recently it has been behaving much worse.

The heat coming from it when even just sitting with no programs open is so bad that there must be something wrong. The task manager states it is running at 80-100% CPU usage when i am not even doing anything. I would say i am a novice with this sort of thing but i really require some help as i need this computer for work and study and its getting to the point where i cant type with it on my knee as its far too hot.

I have 3 year cover with staples so it actually covered but if theres anything i can check or try before that would be great.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 6 (697 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6 - 1216sa - heating and processor problems

What process(s) are using the cpu cycles in task manager?

Honor Student
MulberryMad
Message 3 of 6 (694 Views)

How can i make some sort of copy of these to show on here please? (as you can tell i am a complete novice!)

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 6 (692 Views)

You would have to make a screenshot, then upload it to an image hosting website, then post the link to the image here, kind of a pain for a novice.

Just look in the CPU column, and post the processes that are using the most cpu cycles.

Student
andyuk
Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)

[ Edited ]

Do HP doing anything to fix that problem? as I can see i`m not one and only gat same problem. now i`m just sure is design fault of 1216sa. LET SOMEBODY ANSWER TO ME: there is any support for that problem or HP just leaving costumers with no support? Must know that before i`ll go next time to store to buy some laptop. Simply says You {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} now is up to You- You gonna do something to sort it out or just nothing leave disappointed costumers... waiting for response

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 6 (228 Views)

andyuk wrote:

Do HP doing anything to fix that problem? as I can see i`m not one and only gat same problem. now i`m just sure is design fault of 1216sa. LET SOMEBODY ANSWER TO ME: there is any support for that problem or HP just leaving costumers with no support? Must know that before i`ll go next time to store to buy some laptop. Simply says You f.... now is up to You- You gonna do something to sort it out or just nothing leave disappointed costumers... waiting for response

Andy, no reason to get nasty here on the forums, this is a user to user forum, nothing we users can do for your problem you have, sorry you are having problems.

Send a more polite email to the HP CEO team, sometimes they reach out and help polite people with problems and go beyond the normal warranty terms to get it done.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation