Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello HP, I´ve got a big problem with my BIOS ... Half year ago a set password in BIOS and did changes in settings... Now, when I need change settings, I forgot my password. Please, help me with this problem. I would like to remove password. Is this possible from OS Win 7? Is possible to remove password without dismantle notebook? Thanks for solution/advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your advices. I did it myself 😉 (Withou tbreach of warranty)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

With a BIOS password the only resolution would be to pull the CMOS battery out, and then put it back in. This would require taking the casing apart. I don't recommend it, as that would void your warranty if you still have one. I suggest calling in and seeing what the best option they can offer you is.

Please, could someone from HP contact me? Thanks

HP Recommended

You'll need to E-mail HP for product support for help with your BIOS password issue.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advices. I did it myself 😉 (Withou tbreach of warranty)

HP Recommended

hello;

please can you tell me how did you reset the admin password?

i have the same problem with my hp 6730b.

thanks.

HP Recommended

I really hate when some finds the fix and won't share the solution.  These people are the type ask for help and won't contribute.

HP Recommended

I found it in youtube.com 😛

Something like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US306Sxt090

HP Recommended
Hello hp. 2 days ago i give my hp pavilon dv6 a power-on password and administrator password and now i want to remove them i dnt know how. Help please btw i know the password i ddnt forget it
HP Recommended

As you have your password, I can help you with this, on the other side trying to fix poweron issue for my own pc, thanks to my wonderful employer who thought perhaps he was doing me a favor.

When your PC powers on and you enter your password, immidiately hit F11 for start up menu, then hit f9 to go into your bios, from there you may edit or remove your password.

Have a wonderul day,

HPENSolutions

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.