Question

Student
Jules1215
Message 1 of 2 (1,441 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv6 USB Device Not Recognized when none are connected

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-3230us Entertainment Laptop running Windows 7 that I got 3 months ago. About a week ago it started giving me a start-up message in the lower right-hand corner saying "USB Device Not Recognized," but there is nothing connected to the USB ports! There is no damage to the computer and I have tried rebooting and removing the battery. It also does not tell anywhere (that I can find) what device it thinks is connected, it just says "Unknown Device" and that it has malfunctioned. Any help much appreciated!!      Julia

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (1,435 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Dv6 USB Device Not Recognized when none are connected

It might be a device on the usb circuit. A webcam is a device that might use that circuit. I'm not sure but on my old laptop, the integrated webcam was listed as an usb device. A bluetooth module also might be one of the devices. That message means that there is a problem with a driver for the device..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation