Question

Honor Student
JC209
Message 1 of 5 (1,143 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv7 turning off randomly.

Why does my HP Pavilion Dv7 keeps on turning off all of sudden and does not even last 5 mins
Top Student
Tagore_Reddy
Message 2 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Dv7 turning off randomly.

Generally it happens when you operate your laptop at higher temperatures. If your processor core temperature reaches 80 C, you will experience such problems. Also check if your laptop battery is getting charged properly. In few cases if your AC power supply doesn't have proper earthing, this might occur.
Intern
Magnum_pi
Message 3 of 5 (1,134 Views)

Hi JC209,

May I please you to write which dv7 you exactly own (e.g. a dv7-6190)? You could also post your P/N (not the S/N, please) here.

This would really help!

Thanks!

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
JC209
Message 4 of 5 (1,121 Views)

dv7-1245dx
Intern
Magnum_pi
Message 5 of 5 (1,114 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

As this is an older model, am I right with the guess that it is out of warranty? If yes, then I can only recommend to get in contact with our customer support or a technician of your choice. If it's just a few weeks out of warranty, it's always worth to get in contact with our customer service, too. If you're absolutely not satisfied, there is still the possibility to tell/write them that you want to place a complaint.

Contact HP: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

Best regards

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation