Question

Honor Student
czechbob
Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC---HP-NB DV7-1133CL 17" LCD

Hello !

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I know there are many reasons for "slow" computers or what some call slow. But this notebook has always been slow. Also the audio is not good. I bought a side set of speakers which I connect to hear better but it really is missing it.

The laptop is under three years and I have bought an HP extended warranty with the laptop. Can I bring it to someone at HP who can run some checks on the laptop and see what the matter is? I have read all the things about the start-up menu and what one has running and junk software and so forth---this laptop was slow in the beginning!   Any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Bob

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Entertainment PC---HP-NB DV7-1133CL 17" LCD

Why dont you update the latest BIOS on the unit from the software and driver download page on hp.com? Also you can go through the following document for PC Tuneup:

http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/pctuneup/notebook_schedule.htm

In case the issue persists, I would recommend you to backup your data and restore it back to the factory settings (Using F11 key during boot) and then update the drivers from the support and driver download page. You might also want to consider uninstalling applications that you do not use etc, to improve the notebook performance.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation