Question

Top Student
Jon_Male
Message 1 of 7 (4,516 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6-6156ea / dv6-6B51sa product code

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help here.

I've just bought a new HP Pavilion laptop from PCWorld - link here

On the sales card, the number was HP Pavilion dv6-6156ea - however on the box/PC the number is dv6-6B51sa

Both appear to be listed on the HP site, but when you do a Google search for both product codes the 6156 number takes you to PCWorld/Currys and the 6B51 number has search results on the HP site.

Would someone be able to tell me what the difference is between these two numbers/laptop are?  Have we been sold the wrong PC?  They appear to have the similar spec (i5-24xxM with Radeon HD6490M graphics card) but the 6B51 has a slightly faster processor.

Also, please can you tell me what the EA/SA refer to on the product code?

Thanks.

PhD Student
rcspencer
Message 2 of 7 (4,397 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-6156ea / dv6-6B51sa product code

Hi Jon_Male,

The only other difference I see is that the 6156ea has a Webcam, while the 6B51SA does not, if that's a concern I'd definitely contact the company you ordered the notebook from to get the order corrected.

The EA and SA don't really mean much in terms of the notebook and what is included on it.  

R

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Top Student
Jon_Male
Message 3 of 7 (4,393 Views)

Thanks.

The laptop definitely has a webcam.

I think the EA/SA are the region of manufacture.
Top Student
Jon_Male
Message 4 of 7 (4,341 Views)

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks.

PhD Student
rcspencer
Message 5 of 7 (4,260 Views)

Hi,

You are right that the EA/SA or other designations at the end of the product name often indicate regions, but that isn't always a gaurantee of where the product was intended to sold.

If you ordered the 6156ea and got a unit with a webcam, it seems like you probably got the unit you wanted, even if the box is labeled differently.  Another way to check is to start up HP Support Assistant which you should find under HP in the start menu.  HP Support Assistant will tell you the Product Name and Product Number at the bottom of the window that it detects, it will also show you the specifications for the system you have there.  If you are still not sure if you got what you paid for, definitely talk to your retailer where you bought it.

R

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Top Student
Jon_Male
Message 6 of 7 (4,255 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Again, both the advertised and actual model both have webcams.

I'm sure the HP Support centre returns the PC as 6B51sa.  I contacted HP directly about this question shortly after posting this, but I've had no reply at all.

As far as I can see the only difference is the slight difference in the processors, where the 6B51sa has a slightly faster 2430M i5 processor.

I'm still looking for a definative answer.

Tutor
amf00769
Message 7 of 7 (3,470 Views)

Question
What does the SA stand for
I have seen a similar HP model and am trying to decide between the two. Could you please tell me what the SA stands for on the end of the model number? Thanks
asked 2 years, 2 months ago
by
Anonymous
on HP DM3-1025SA
1 answer
Answers
answer 1
Thank you for using Comet's Question and Answer service.

The denotation SA in the model number relates to how the products are transported into the UK. When the products are transported by boat they are coded SA and when they are flown in the code is EA.

answered 2 years, 2 months ago
by
DavidR                          
Staff Answer
answered 2 years, 2 months ago
by
DavidR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation