Question

Student
cybercub
Message 1 of 5 (599 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6 7029wm does not have recovery software anywhere.

[ Edited ]

Ok, well i recently got a display model of a HP Pavilion Dv6 7029wm with windows 7 home professional, and because all of hp's software was getting annoying (ex: Playing game, then presses f2. Game crashes, and help and support center comes up)

About 40% of the preloaded software was actually somewhat usefull.. But i then sais screw it and I popped in a fresh disk of windows 7 home premium, installed it, and then installed enough drivers to use it.

But now I find that every little thing i do take a lifetime to "DO" it. (Ex: opening a interent tab, switching internet tab, opening web pages, reading discs, burning discs, e.t.c.)

so now i just want it back how i first got it. Then i found out that I had the recovery software before I put the

windows 7 disc in.. and now im mad, because it's all gone. I don't know where to freaking find it. I need help.

PS: I deleted the recovery partition. Thats another problem too...

PSS: And no im staying windows 7 NOT 8 [8 sucks]

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 7029wm does not have recovery software anywhere.

Hi,

You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below - performing a Factory Reset' using these discs will also re-create all the original partitions on the drive, including the Recovery partition.

Order HP Recovery Discs.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
mfirasatali
Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

HP PAVILION DV7-6B32US laptop failed to restore

[ Edited ]

when the image failed to restore my computer, i tried to factory resore after successfull completion then my computer restart. However, this message showed me:

Windows boot Manager:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1- Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2- Choose your language settings, and then click "next"

3-Click repair your computer.

If you don't have this disc contact your System administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

file:\Boot\BCD

Inf: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

i tried memory test and HardDisk test every thing was sucessfull, looks like the software is corrupted.

do i need a recovery disk ?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 5 (569 Views)

Re: HP PAVILION DV7-6B32US laptop failed to restore

@mfirasatali,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive. 

If it fails, post back with the error code.

If it passes, try the following.

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Rescue CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 32bit

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  Once created, or if you already have this, tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Insert the Rescue CD.  Select Boot options ( usually f9 ), use the arrow keys to select the CD/DVD drive and hit enter.  You may also get a prompt to 'Press any key to continue' - do this if asked.

When loaded, select Repair Your Computer and choose the Command Prompt.  When this loads, enter the following commands and hit enter after each one - include spaces as shown.

Bootrec.exe

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

Remove the Rescue CD and try rebooting the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
StanleyChew
Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)

Re: HP PAVILION g4 notebook PC - Bootmgr is missing

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I follow your step by step instruction to rebuild the Boot Manager.

I stuck in the step when I try to backup the BCD it shown FAIL.

bcdedit/export C:BCD-Backup

What shall i do? Kindly advise?

My Laptop details as follow:-

Product # A6Y11UAR#ABA

Serial # [Personal Information Removed]

OS - Window 7

Thank you

Stanley Chew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation