Question

Honor Student
jeetud
Message 1 of 6 (6,215 Views)

HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook PC Overheating Problem (AMD A6 APU processor)

I am using a HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook PC which is having AMD A6 APU, the problem with it is the processor overheats during operation. The temp rises >70deg Celsius, for monitoring the temp i am using "core temp".

Is the temp in the normal range,

i believe AMD still has thermal issues to tackle.

Are other fellow/friends users using the this laptop are finding the same problem. 

I also need HP advice on this issue. 

Please advice on this

laptop model: HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook PC

Regards, 

Jeetu 

PhD Student
Mista B
Message 2 of 6 (6,203 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook PC Overheating Problem (AMD A6 APU processor)

May not be AMD issue, was using a Lenovo ideapad with A6 & temp never went over 60degC

Average idle light task temp was 51degC, I use HWiNFO for monitoring temp & adding notification area status icons.

Here in Thailand running temps normally are worse due to higher ambeint temp.

I would check all runing processes & review your temperatures further,if 70degC at idle light tasks & rises higher then it a concern but if hitting 70degC playing a game, watching a HD video or compressing 500mb of files to an archive or such ! then not such a concern & a normalish max temp reading of an A6

Also review location of laptop as if placed badly the casings vents & intakes may be comprimized.

One bad thing seen on many HP notebooks is higher running temps due mainly to poor thermal design & cooling components so I can apreciate some concern ...

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
Honor Student
jeetud
Message 3 of 6 (6,167 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook PC Overheating Problem (AMD A6 APU processor)

Well i am very concerened while placing my laptop on surfaces, i always make it a point never to place it on uneven surfaces, but one thing is true i am yet to buy a cooler pad and i always use the laptop in HP max performance plan. Here also in northeast part of india the ambient temp is high, this prob was not there in the winters. 

Also one thing is true, lenovo thermal design is much better than HP. 

Thanks and Regards,

Jeetu

Student
aman7779
Message 4 of 6 (6,121 Views)

i am planning to buy HP Pavilion g6-1209ax Notebook....do u suggest i go for it???

and also plzz tell me its performance when playin high end games like fifa 11 or cs (graphics)...

Honor Student
jeetud
Message 5 of 6 (6,099 Views)

Well the answer is tricky..

first of all we cannot compare Intel and AMD i will point it out

A6 APU is equivalent to i5 (but the price u get AMD is low)

intel processors are good for raw processing, eg fast booting, quick opening of ms word, etc

but AMD is good for graphics processings, and others.. (google amd vs intel)

with AMD will come along more thermal radiation (cpu gets more hot), less priced, better movie experience.

the bottom line is give "AMD a chance"

i am using it for last 6 months now i did not find any probs, but i am yet to play high end games. maintain proper ventilation...

Regards,

Jeetu

Student
Inevitability
Message 6 of 6 (5,633 Views)

I have this problem for a while with that same computer and would like it fixed. It only goes when I play games that demand a lot of CPU usage and would like to know what i can do to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation