Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello to all,

I have problem with my notebook HP Pavilion g6 serie 1350m, it is not a year old and I have some fan problems. Sometimes (mistake is not permanent) when I start my laptop, it shows message (picture below), and wont start. I have to try to turn on a few times, to start, any clue, what mid be, and what to do.

Thanks to all.

Fotografija0185.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your notebook is under a year old, it should still be under warranty, so my best suggestion would be to contact HP and arrange to have it repaired - you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I had the exact same thing happen to me last night, you can if it's still under warranty take it back to the shop with your reciept and they will fix it for free however this can take quite a lot of time. If like me you have things like university assessments to do this isn't ideal. As my latop is two years old I was dreading what the repair cost was going to be. Luckily I  found a website telling me how to take apart my laptop to get to the cooling fan, when I got to the cooling fan it was caked with dust and barely moved. I cleaned all the dust out and put everything back together and it works again! 

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/how-to-disassemble-hp-pavilion-g6-laptop/

This is the website I used, it's not as complicated as it looks !

HP Recommended

yes i have proplem with the cooling fan what i have to do 
thansk 

HP Recommended

Hi kimo_karim_egy. If you have the same model of notebook as above (HP Pavilion g6-1350) this is the link you need:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem ,.,

HP Recommended

Hey Whig,

I understand you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion g6 series 1350m Notebook and the cooling system telling you it is not functioning. If you follow this document it will give you a solution for this particular issue with the fan.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi I did this too everything appears to work apart from my WiFi connection. Did you need to reconnect yours please?
HP Recommended

I also got the same cooling fan error. When I checked up local service center in Tirunelveli (0462-4000334) the approximate price they have given was shocking. It was Rs.4500+taxes. Online shopping gives less 900 for the fan. When I asked him why so high price, he was saying this is what our price is!!! May I know why there is exhorbident price for this item (he confirmed that Rs.870+tax was the service charges!). If the price is very high no one would go for HP products. Very sad.

HP Recommended

I bought the fan from ebay and it was very inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HP-Pavilion-G6-2000-G6-2100-G6-2200-G7-2000-Series-Laptop-CPU-Cooling-...

I used the instructions and fitted it myself.  

Hope this helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.