Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer a few days ago and all has been well. Today is the first time I am trying to play a DVD on the computer but the DVD will not play. I have tried several DVDs but nothing has worked. When I go to My Computer the DVD drive doesnt even register there (it does not show up that there is a DVD in the drive). I thought maybe it had something to do with the autoplay settings but no. I have attached the bestbuy website link for the computer that I have. Please help me, I watch a lot of DVDs on my computer so this will simply not work. When I put the DVD in it does make noises lilke it is starting up but never does.

This is what it says under the driver properties:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-14-laptop-white-intel-pentium-n3540-1tb-hdd-8...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You machine should come with a software called Cyberlink Power Media Player. Please use it to open and play DVD

(a) Hold down Win key and press Q,

(b) Type CyberLink on Search box,

(c) Open  Cyberlink Power Media Player,

(d) Click the dics icon to open DVD

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

but sir, how would it work when he doesnt have the entered dvd stated in his my computer.....

if your laptop doesnt make any responce to dvd you enter,example it should make something like fanning sound,,or sound like rotation of the dvd.......

once try the windows bootable disk  with your laptop and wait for the sound to know if the dd run..... try restarting your computer while this dvd is inside,,,,, it wust run...  (i dont mean to format your laptop with this dvd,,,just check whether the dvd drive works or not))

if it didnt work then first try to download and install dvd drivers for your laptop...

if it didnt help ,,,seek professional help....

long live HP 😛

HP Recommended

Hi:

You will probably be able to fix the problem by trying each of the resolution steps, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at the link below.

Normally one of them will fix the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.