Question

Top Student
chipp7
Message 1 of 5 (2,128 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavillion DV7-1020us, the BD-Rom does not play my Blu-ray discs. What to do?

I have the HP Pavillion DV7-1020us, but the BD-Rom does not play my Blu-ray discs. I can play DVD's fine, but I have never been able to play Blu-ray discs. I keep an error saying "No program is installed to play Blu-ray disc in Windows Media Center" I also get a similar message with Real player. Is there software somewhere on my computer that will help me play Blu-ray? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (2,125 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7-1020us, the BD-Rom does not play my Blu-ray discs. What to do?

Have you tried using Cyberlink DVD Suite because this one comes preinstalled on your laptop which supports bluray. If its not available try reinstalling it through recovery manager. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
chipp7
Message 3 of 5 (2,114 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7-1020us, the BD-Rom does not play my Blu-ray discs. What to do?

Thanks so much!! That solved the problem. I re-installed Quickplay and then ran the updates. Quickplay installed an update allowing me to play the Blu-ray. Strange that the computer did not already have software installed to play Blu-ray discs. Thanks again!

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 5 (2,105 Views)

Glad you got your issue resolved in earliest time. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
zani19
Message 5 of 5 (1,584 Views)

Hey, man... What's up?

Hey, I'm having some problems with my DV7-1020us... The fcking Blu Ray didn't work anymore after Wind Vista Recovery... I've already read all about (and made to) the Sony's OPTIARC BD-ROM BC-5500s but anything that i tried works..... I'm a little nervous with this problem and don't know what to do anymore...

Can you help me???

I've already intalled the Quick Play, but it doesn't work

Already installed WinDVD 10...

Already installed Power DVD 11

Already unistalled the drive, rebbot and intalled the drive again.... buuuuuuuuuuuuutttt....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation