Question

Top Student
sol375
Message 1 of 8 (1,730 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavillion dv7-1245 ca internal battery error 601. How do I change the battery

Hi,

My laptop is a Pavilion dv7-1245. 

It turns off on its own, and after a couple of minutes, it turns on and shows this error message when booting:

HP Battery Alert -

... your internal battery needs to be replace ...

internal Battery (601)

Sometimes I need to turn it on my self.

I bought it two and half years ago. I just chaged the hard disc a week ago, cause the original one crashed badly.

Could you please tell me which specific battery do I need to buy?

I read in another post that for the Pavilion dv6 you just need to keep it pluged in replace the intyernal battery like in a flaslight. Is it correct for my model?

I'd also like to know if the problem of shooting down on its own it;s related with the Battery Alert or if it's another issue.

Please advise. I'm using my laptop to work ar home, and I can't afford to buy a new one right now.

Thanks in advance

Soledad

Montreal, Canada

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 8 (1,721 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv7-1245 ca internal battery error 601. How do I change the battery

Hi,

You just need to replace internal battery.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your specific model.

On the page 54-55 you will find instructions how to remove the battery and how to install the battery.

Here you may buy new one.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
sol375
Message 3 of 8 (1,664 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv7-1245 ca internal battery error 601. How do I change the battery

Hello 

Thank you.

I thought the internal battery wasn't that one, but a small one inside the machine. 

I'll replace the one you point at. 

How ever, I still can't understand why I can't use the laptop simply plugged to the power. 

Soledad

Montreal

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 8 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]

Remove the battery, connect the ac adapter and press the power button.

Does this error shows up or not?

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Top Student
sol375
Message 5 of 8 (1,646 Views)

Hello Daniel,

Thank you.  I did remove the battery and not get the error message. I'll wait to see if I still get the issue of the computer shutting down on itself, though. 

I'll buy the new battery, but I coudn't order it from the link you send me 'cause it doesn't accept a Canadian address. I'll look for it here.

I'll keep the forum posted if the shooting down stops.

Many thanks again,

Soledad

Montreal

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 8 (1,642 Views)

Hi again,

Try to buy it here. It's the HP Canadian online shop.

Top Student
sol375
Message 7 of 8 (1,551 Views)

Hello Daniel,

Error and shuting down stop when I removed the battery and simply plugged the laptop at the power. Thank you.

I just order the new battery today.

thanks!

Soledad

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 8 of 8 (1,518 Views)

You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation