HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
10-28-2011 08:40 PM
Today my norton-antivirus program expired, I tried to install AVG, when the installation was almost done the program sent a message which said that it was not possible to finish the installation because HP Power Assistant was running on safe mode, after that I tried download and install AVIRA, but it was not possible because there were non-compatible programs (norton, which I'd had already uninstalled), after a few hours trying I gave up, and then the problems started to come:
- First: A message from HP Power Assistant started to show all the time, the message says: "HP Power Assistant can not start properly. There must be occurred some problem during installation. Run the installer HP Power Assistant." I try to run the program and nothing happens, in fact is the first time I see that exists, anyway, the message keep showing and I can't fix that
- Second: The same problem occur with HP Wireless Assistant, a message which says "Information on wireless devices not available. The application will close now." and it's also first time this happen, I don't know why.
- Third: Windows send me a message saying there is a dangerous software (trojan) in the system and i need to delete it, but when I try nothing happens and the system says I have to restart the PC to protect it, so I follow the instructions and when Windows starts running the same message appears again
- Fourth: Windows Firewall didn't let go to websites such as Facebook, because "it wasn't safe", and every time I try to use google and I click on any link the website never load, instead I'm redirected to "http://la.vuwl.com/" :s...
- Fifth (This happened a few minutes ago): I went to take a bath, when I came back, the screen was turned off as always to save energy blah blah but It was impossible to turn it on again, the mouse didn't work, nor the keyboard, but the power button was on though.
- Sixth: While I was installing AVG the laptop froze and didn't work anymore so I had to turn it off in the wrong way.
I don't know if it's a virus, I really don't know about computers, but now I don't want to use it until I know what's going on, but I don't want to turn it off because I don't know if it will work the next time. anyone can help me here? how do I fix this? are the HP programs the problem or what? how can I install a new antivirus if the system don't let me, I don't have 3 month with this laptop, I haven't installed crazy things or something like that, :/.. Somebody help me please. (Don't tell me to take it to the store because I bought from amazon and I'm a little bit far)
11-01-2011 02:28 AM
First uninstall all antivirus software from you system with special tools or methods:
- AVG - AVG remover
- Avira - Instructions for manual uninstall
Now try to install only one antivirus in your system.
If you prefer to use free software then I recommend:
If you prefer to pay for software then for sure Eset Nod32 is the best investment.