Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a problem with my webcam also. It worked initially but suddenly stopped working. When I tried to install the software again i got the messge please plug in the HP webcam driver.

Is this a HP windows 7 problem?

Can this be solved. 

Please help...

HP Recommended

hi everyone

i have the same problem with my hp6450b, i have installed windows 7 32bits, and the web cam show only ablack or a white picture every time. I have tried all the drivers i had found (hp drivers, acer drivers....)  but it not working.

Can anyone help me with that problem please

HP Recommended
Does anyone know the part number im interested in finding a replacement
HP Recommended

If bios,driver updates have failed to fix the webcam or even detect it then your looking at a replacement.

The webcam is part of the LCD so you have to get the whole display. Go to http://partsurfer.hp.com to find the part number. Use the product number on bottom of laptop to find specific lcd w/webcam. There are different lcd's in this product line.

If unit is out of warranty you can removed the plastic lcd front cover, unscrew the lcd from its base and reseat the webcam connection as a last resort to spending $$$ on a new lcd.

HP Recommended
@ Fglaab Some people truly rely on this information. Sooooo make sure you post accurate information. The webcam module goes under the Bezel but is not attached to the led screen. I order the webcam module Part #647599-001 and installed it in Less than fifteen minutes. I installed the webcam to the base model.(Didn't come with webcam or fingerprint reader) Downloaded the HD webcam driver from the HP support. And bam made my probook6560b great. Hopefully this cleared things up
HP Recommended
Per HP the 647599-001 Webcam/microphone module - Without keyboard light - For use with 6570b models.

This post is regarding 6450b model which HP Partsufer doesn't show individual part# for webcam. Did find 611026-001 webcam part# for 6450b in the service manual. If you order the whole display assembly the webcam comes with it. I order parts through HP and ordering individual assembly parts is a hit or miss. Link to service manual: http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03122685/c03122685.pdf
HP Recommended

So what we're saying is, there is clearly a widespread failure on this, and the solution is to buy a new webcam and install it in your laptop yourself, or go pay to have it installed? Anyone from HP care to comment on this?

HP Recommended

Two out of two HP 6450b webcams in the office stoped working within a weeks period. Can't get them working... 😞

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, but i fixed it!

Its really simpel, if you don't find a driver or you did everything they said above. 

its just a loose wire.

You can fix this yourself.
Do this, take a screwdriver. And in your screen you can find 8 screws take those out. then you can make your case loose. Take it away. And then the next step, above your screen you see your webcam there wooth be a cable i think its loose put it back in. Put everything back in place. And your webcam will work again!

Have fun with it!

HP Recommended

I have had a problem with the webcam not working since the day I got it.  I took the advice to make sure the webcam was plugged in and downloaded

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45866.exe

When this was installed the webcam worked in full color HD.

Hope this helps those who were equally as lost as I was

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.