HP Quick Touch On Screen Display in start up menu on dv9720us laptop (1379 Views)
Top Student
tim9lives
Message 1 of 1 (1,379 Views)

HP Quick Touch On Screen Display in start up menu on dv9720us laptop

I can not understand why my laptop shows HP Quick Touch On Screen Display in my program files. Using Glary Utilities I checked for the listed start up items.

It says---- C:\program files\Hewlet-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKPDAPP.exe    is enabled

Isn't Quick Touch for the On screen display model all in one computer ? Why would this be enabled ?

This laptop has been nothing but trouble,,,,as it constantly crashes. I just finished doing a clean Vista install using HP supplied recovery disk set. That took FOREVER to complete. The recovery process locked up twice. Finally,,,it has installed,,,but the display seems very slow. I have AMD TL-60.

I have read many of the other issues about blank screens and bad Nvidia cards,,,but don't think I have that problem. I know the unit has been troublesome, but am guessing this was built by a subcontracter for HP in China,,,and maybe that is why HP is having so much trouble with supplying a simple recovery disc. Or maybe it's because of the Bios Upgrade( Downgrade IMO by HP to keep units cool,,,but in effect killing battery run time due to constant fan running)

Anyway,,,I am very disappointed in HP,,,as this is my 5th HP laptop since 1997,,,,,but never have I had a unit which has caused this much trouble. Support has been very poor in my opinion,,,,but,,,in any case,,,that is a whole different issue than this question about the enabled start up item.

Thank You - Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation