Question

Dim Student
Student
Dim
Message 1 of 4 (3,603 Views)

HP Quickdock

Hello! I have HP Pavilion dv6186ea and i would like to buy docking station to my notebook. I saw two docking station ES631AA and ES632AA, what is the difference between the two and are one of them or both compateble to my notebook?

Thanx in advance!

Intern
homergracious
Message 2 of 4 (3,575 Views)

Re: HP Quickdock

try this one

HP xb4 Notebook Media Docking Station

• Adjust your notebook to the best viewing height
  • Stay connected to everything—power, peripherals, Internet—via a single cable
  • Get excellent sound with the powerful, integrated Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker system
  • Connect an MP3 or CD player to the docking station's auxiliary audio-in port
  • Back up data on the integrated HP Media Drive storage bay—just connect our Personal Media Drive1 or Pocket Media Drive2 directly to the docking station
  • Connect a secondary notebook via USB, then share USB peripherals connected to your docking station3
  • Charge USB devices even when your notebook is disconnected; the docking station supplies six powered USB ports
  • Use the ports: VGA for connecting an external monitor, Ethernet, multiple audio outputs, microphone, and consumer IR for a mobile remote control (sold separately)
  • Plug and play: you need no drivers or software for setup
  • Get answers to product questions toll-free, 24 x 7, or via e-mail in as little time as an hour
  • Warranty: one-year limited
  • Compatibility: HP Pavilion dv4, dv5, dv7, dv2000, dv6000, dv9000, tx1000, tx2000 series; HP HDX 16, 18 series; Compaq Presario CQ45, V3000, V6000 series

Use your laptop screen as your monitor, and position it at the perfect viewing height. Save space on your desk and use a single connection for power, peripherals, and the Web. What makes it all possible: our xb4 Notebook Media Docking Station, which includes a full-sized wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse.

General Features  
Connectors and ports
  Expansion Cable Connector (connects to notebook's Expansion Port), USB 2.0 Ports (6), Microphone (audio-in) Jack Headphone (audio-out) Jack, PC Port (for connecting secondary notebook), External Monitor Port (VGA), S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) Digital Audio Jack (RCA type) RJ-45 (network) jack, Power Connector, Power connector for HP Personal Media Drive (HP Personal Media Drive is optional and sold separately), Consumer IR for use with an optional HP Mobile Remote Control (sold separately)

Price $249.99 * Save $50 with instant rebate -$50.00   Price after rebate (You save 20%**) $199.99 *

or

HP Notebook QuickDock

• Stay connected to everything—power, peripherals, Internet—via a single cable
  • Recharge your battery when the laptop is connected to the dock
  • Reduce cable clutter: keep your workspace clean and neat
  • Easily attach a monitor for expanded viewing with VGA port
  • Project onto a large monitor while the laptop is closed
  • Replicate the view on your laptop on a large screen, or view one application on your laptop and another on your monitor
  • Immediately access printers, keyboards, mice, and external hard drives via the six USB 2.0 ports
  • Stay connected to the Web or your home or office network via the Ethernet port
  • Manage media content via multiple audio output options and a consumer IR port
  • Easily get up and go with the simple connection to your laptop
  • Get help with product questions toll-free, 24 x 7, or via e-mail in as little time as an hour
  • Warranty: one-year limited
  • Compatibility: HP Pavilion dv4, dv5, dv7, dv2000, dv6000, dv9000, tx1000, tx2000, and HDX series, Presario CQ45, V3000 and V6000 series
  •  

Price $129.99 * Save $40 with instant rebate -$40.00   Price after rebate (You save 30.8%**) $89.99 *

go to shopping.hp.com and search for these docks and choose your preferences.... both are compatible with your notebook

Student
    kpmeagher
    Message 3 of 4 (970 Views)

I have a new question but could not get the new topic to actually post under Quickbook so hopefully someone will see this.  I have a quickbook with my DV6 and for the past 6 months the mouse randomly executes mouse clicks driving me crazy.  I have replaced the docking station but not the wireless transmitter (the MORFD6UO) or the mouise/keyboard.  I am not even sure I how to get a replacment MORFD6UO.  Any feedback or help will greatly appreaciated.

Very frustrated :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
    Khannroy
    Message 4 of 4 (623 Views)

I have an HP DV9205us and am looking for a docking station that has a power pass-thru.  The power plug on my latop doen't always power up the laptop and this has gotten on my nerves.  Is the ES631AA#ABA the only docking station that works with the DV9205us

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation