Question

Student
Spacemuffler
Message 1 of 11 (3,823 Views)

HP SimplePass Identity Protection software

Hello, I have been having an issue getting my fingerprint scanner protection, login, and related programs to function correctly.

The windows user login function works just fine, but I am unable to access the program to manage my saved passwords which I was using for some time. I love the feature, I used it many times daily, and wish I could get it to work correctly again.

I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Beats Audio entertainment edition.

I am up to date on ALL drivers, and yes I know where to find them, and how to install them. My problem is everytime I try to access the features of the software mentioned I get an error message that says "Program Operation Error. Please restart the computer and try again. If problem still exists, please close all running programs and reinstall HP SimplePass Identity Protection."

I've already done this, 5 times. The first 2 didn't work so I googled for a fix, and nothing. Then I tried uninstalling the associated programs, using the HP Driver Support webpage to access the latest drivers (Today) and started from scratch. Same result on the 3rd attempt, same error. This 4th time I carefully reread answers given on these forums to users exeriencing similar problems back in 2012 and 2011, and followed them to the letter.

Restart my computer, and I get the same error message.

As a last ditch effort I restored my computer to a date when it was funcioning (2 weeks ago), checked for driver updates online, which revealed I am up to date, and then proceeded to use the HP Recovery Manager software. No dice.

I just want to be able to log into my websites with a finger swipe again. I feel like I must be missing something here, that or my notebook model is no longer compatable with this software.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 11 (3,764 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass Identity Protection software

Hello Spacemuffler,

What is your product number and OS?  Once I get this, I can send some specific troubleshooting steps that hopefully, will help you get everything back as it was.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
Afaqmgl
Message 3 of 11 (3,712 Views)

I have the same problem as the above person discribed, my product no. is.

XY980UA

CNF 1019JY5

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 11 (3,709 Views)

Hello Afaqmgl,

I see that you are having trouble with the fingerprint reader on your HP computer.

I have some links that may help solve your issue. Follow the troubleshooting steps in the following links and let me know if you get any error messages or have any questions.

This link  is about using the fingerprint reader in Windows 7.

This link is for troubleshooting issues with the fingerprint reader.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Tutor
Afaqmgl
Message 5 of 11 (3,641 Views)

Dear,

I have done everything, tht I could do, but couldn't work my HP Simplepass Identity, work, I checked Biomatric, and updated it, updated drivers, etc, but i told you, my log in to computer with scanning my fingur prints is working properly, but this particular software "HP SimplePass Identity" by "digital Persona" is not working, it opens but "loading application" appears on software, nothing appears after that, so long.. so now can you help further,

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 11 (3,638 Views)

My suggestion would be to uninstall the software and drivers and reload the software on the computer.

How long have you been having the problem? Did it ever work correctly?

Have you upgraded your internet browser or operating system?

Signature

Tutor
Afaqmgl
Message 7 of 11 (3,626 Views)

I have just purchased this new laptop, just before Feb, 2013, and it was all working properly, if i unstall it, how can i get this software again, i know the last remedy for this problem to restore my system again, but i dont want to do this, 

I appreciate your help and concern....

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 11 (3,619 Views)

Are you still using Windows 7?

Here is a link to the software download.

Click on the tab "Software-Solutions" and select the software program "HP SimplePass by Digital Persona".

Signature

Tutor
Afaqmgl
Message 9 of 11 (3,546 Views)

Dear 

Thanks a lot, you have solved my problem, now HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software is working properly, 

Thanks again, for your immense participation, :smileyhappy: 

can I catch on facebook, or other social media, or your email, or on myspace, 

Thanks again, 

Tutor
Afaqmgl
Message 10 of 11 (3,542 Views)

[ Edited ]

and i want to ask you one little thing, what did i unstalled, can you tell me the software name, that i unstalled it, that caused much problem to me, i don't remember the exact name of that software but i can tell you, it's icon was like a small bird, in my internet fence, and it's name was very small abt 3 to 4 digit, 

you can find me on facebook with this email, {Personal Information Removed} 

Regards;

M. Afaq

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation