Question

Student
Mr_Biggs
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

HP SimplePass just stopped remembering my passwords

SimplePass will not add websites to my vault any more. I dont have a fingerorint scanner and thats all I can find on the net is info about fingerrint scanners and im about to pull my hair out. Simplepass just wont recognize that im loging into a website anymore. i have windows 8.1 on an Hp 15 laptop running the latest internet explorer

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass just stopped remembering my passwords

Mr_Biggs,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Might I ask why you are using HP SimplePass if you do not have a fingerprint scanner?

You might be better served by a program like KeePass

============================================================================

There are two Series of HP SimplePass:

• Series 8 -- most recent, works with Internet Explorer, most recent version at writing: V8.01.11
  • Series 6 -- older AuthenTec series, works with Firefox and Internet Explorer (limited Chrome workaround), most recent version: V6.0.100.276  (no longer updated and no longer shipped with new notebooks)

Series 8:

You might try reinstalling the SimplePass program or updating it to the latest version for this Series.

Series 6:

You might try Repairing the SimplePass program or updating it to the latest version for this Series.

Hint:

The two Series are not compatible with one another -- each program was written by a different company.

Do not try to switch versions -- Without a fingerprint scanner, the switch might leave you in even more trouble than you find yourself at the moment.

You can find the download for the Series 8 HP SimplePass in the Dragon Document:

Instructions to Update HP SimplePass

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation