Question

Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 1 of 56 (2,877 Views)

HP SimplePass not recognizing windows logon password.

After some few days that I bought my ENVY dv6 Laptop with Window 8 Operating System simplepass stops recognizing my windows logon password. When I try to reset and get to "Set up windows logon screen" SimplePass will not recognize my windows password no matter how many times I tried. The feedback I get always is "The windows logon password you entered does not match" Please try again. I changed the windows logon password but the problem still persist. Please somebody should help me I am seriously in need.

Thanks for your concern.

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 2 of 56 (2,858 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass not recognizing windows logon password.

Hi ofeiakoner, to help us determine your exact model please post your Model number & Product number (please do not post your serial number, that's private information)

Here is a link in case you're unsure how to find this information.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Once we have that information we can see if there is an update or other steps to assit you.

Thanks.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 3 of 56 (2,848 Views)

Thanks for your direction. My Product Number is C8B37UAR#ABA

Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 4 of 56 (2,838 Views)

I am SORRY the problem has not been solved it persist so ignore the SOLVED post, it was a mistake.
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 5 of 56 (2,817 Views)

[ Edited ]

That's okay, I can see by your reply that it was an accident I will still look into your issue, I just got in so give me some time for research please.

BTW where are you located?

Not your actual address just state and city or if in another country the equivalent please.

I'll ask the Forum moderator to remove the resolved check, and hopefully we can get you an answer to get it put back later :smileyhappy:

I am an HP employee
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 6 of 56 (2,810 Views)

Okay, here are some steps to try & maybe a question or 2, please let us know the result.

• Have you changed the Operating System that shipped on your Notebook since you bought it?
  • Ensure you have the latest BIOS which is F.24
    Here is the link to where all the HP software is located for your unit (HP Envy dv6-7258nr)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5330...

• Make sure you install the latest version of the Simplepass Software, this will help reset it on your system, it's listed under "Software-Security" on the same link.

Please let us know the result and we can go from there.

Good luck.

I am an HP employee
Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 7 of 56 (2,803 Views)

STATE: Eastern Region

CITY: Nsawam

Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 8 of 56 (2,798 Views)

Please I have not change the Operating System since I bought it.
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 9 of 56 (2,787 Views)

Would you please try the steps we put in for you to try & let us know the result?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
Intern
ofeiakonor
Message 10 of 56 (2,765 Views)

I have done all that you asked me to do( ie upgrading of Latest Version of SimplePass and F24 Bios) through the link you gave me but STILL the problem persist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation