HP Simplepass 2012 stopped working... (1471 Views)
Top Student
Jayson_M
Message 1 of 17 (1,471 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Simplepass 2012 stopped working...

I have an HP Pavilion dv6, I use Internet Explorer and usually when I open up a website that requires login information, an icon would appear, letting me know that I can add the login information on this particular website to the HP SimplePass Online Accounts and save it there, so that next time I go onto this website, I can just scan my fingerprint and it will automatically log me on. Today i upgraded to IE 10 and after i restarted my computer, Simplepass no longer worked...

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 17 (1,455 Views)

Re: HP Simplepass 2012 stopped working...

Hello Jayson_M,

Thanks for posting, I see you are having problems with your fingerprint reader after upgrading to IE10 is that correct?

Does the SimplePass software work at all? Can you sign into the computer with it?

What is your full model and product number? Here is a link showing you how to find it.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
Jayson_M
Message 3 of 17 (1,449 Views)

Yes, it still works when logging in to windows and it still opens certain pages when i swipe the finger enrolled to that page, but thats it.  The model number is dv6-6c29wm.

Thank you very much for helping me with this, i really like using simplepass, its the main reason i bought this notebook!

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 17 (1,447 Views)

Just to make sure I am understanding the issue, you can use the fingerprint reader to log in and on the websites that are already enrolled but you can't add anymore sites because it doesn't give the SimplePass after upgrading to IE10.

Would this statement be correct?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 17 (1,447 Views)

This thread has some helpful information about SimplePass as well.

One other thing I would try is resetting IE10. Here is a link that shows how to do that.

Do you have a restore point that can take you back to IE9, it is possible it is a compatibility issue with IE10?

Signature

Top Student
Jayson_M
Message 6 of 17 (1,434 Views)

I can log in to windows and i can go directly to certain sites programed to each finger but when i go to a site, it no longer brings up the option to swipe my finger to automatically add the user name and password for that site.  When i would sign in to a site, simple pass would open and let me scan my finger to save the user name and password for that site, so in the future when i would go to that page, simplepass would open and i could scan my finger and it would add my user name and password for me, ever since i upgraded to IE10, it no longer does that.  If i just scan my finger, it just opens the one page i have assigned to that finger...

Thanks for the suggestions, i will try resetting IE10, but i dont know how to go back to a restore point or IE9...

Professor
npw05001
Message 7 of 17 (1,430 Views)

Here is a link to instructions for running a system restore. It has a video included. Click on Restore Windows to a previous point and that is where the video and instructions are located.

Signature

Top Student
Jayson_M
Message 8 of 17 (1,428 Views)

I'll take a look, i just wanted to add that when i open simplepass and click on the Grid View, it still shows all the pages with my usernames and passwords, it just no longer opens when i go to those pages.

Thanks again for your help, i will try it now...

Professor
npw05001
Message 9 of 17 (1,426 Views)

Thanks, let me know how it goes.

Signature

Top Student
Jayson_M
Message 10 of 17 (1,425 Views)

..Also, i'm not sure if its related, but i have tried to check for updates on simplepass the last few days since the problem started and each time it says Failed to download file... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation