Question

Tutor
4stans1
Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP TM2 TouchSmart Tablet Battery Did not insert right, Now will not come out? Help

Removed battery, when I put it back it did not go in right  Now stuck can not remove it again. The release slide button is stuck in the release battery position but the batter will not come out.  It is powering the tm2 but will not come out what can I do?   

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

Re: HP TM2 TouchSmart Tablet Battery Did not insert right, Now will not come out? Help

You can try to force it in/out but will risk possibly damaging the unit.

Can you take a picture?
Tutor
4stans1
Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

Re: HP TM2 TouchSmart Tablet Battery Did not insert right, Now will not come out? Help

The battery release button is stuck in the open position will not move at all.  The back of the battery is flush with the computer, the side by the release button has a lip all alone the side. (about 1/32nd)  Should I try to insert something in the side with the lip and pry on it?  Stan

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had this happen once and used a thin knife blade to carefully pry the battery moving along the edge slowly and nudging the battery till it released. It will scar the plastic if you do not work slowly & carefully.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation