Question

Student
BlondeBimbo2468
Message 1 of 4 (2,625 Views)

HP deskjet 3520 to a Google Chrome Notebook

I have just bought the Google Chrome notebook laptop and im trying to connect my HP deskjet 3520 using wifi as the notebook doesn't have a disc drive. does anybody have any ideas how i'd be able to do this. I work from home.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 4 (2,607 Views)

Re: HP deskjet 3520 to a Google Chrome Notebook

Hey,

The Deskjet 3520 is usually setup through the USB-to-Wireless conversion pathway, but this cannot be done with the Chromebook.  Follow the steps in the thread found here.  The thread will walk you through how to connect the printer using the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the printer.

The instructions are for an iPad, but can be performed in the same manner using the Chromebook.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
aylin
Message 3 of 4 (2,543 Views)

I have had no success with this. The Chromebook keeps defaulting to cloud print and will not recognise the printer, the printer will not connect to the chromebook. There is no way to register the  wireless information onto the printer itself and although the network shows up when I print out the status , it doesnt connect to it. I dont have access to an i pad. Why does HP advertise these printers as being compatible with Chromebook... Two days of frustration it is impossible to connect . What a waste of time effort and money.... HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (2,505 Views)

Hey aylin,

I want to make sure I understand your full situation.  Do you already have the printer connected to your network?

If so, then please follow the information to connect the printer to the Web Services server (ePrint).  For this information please click here.

Once the printer is setup with a custom email, then you can connect the printer to your Google Cloud Print account and print from the Google Chromebook.  This is the manner for printing with the Chromebook.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation