Question

Honor Student
dilophosaurus1
Message 1 of 3 (384 Views)

HP does not honor its warranty/ warranty not honored/ bad customer service/ misleading

I have a laptop computer that is covered under the time of the warranty.  I protect the computer in a HP manufactured carrying case.  I have never dropped the computer or had any other "accidents."  The computer is carried in its bag on the floor of my car to and from work.  One day the screen stopped working.  I sent the computer for repair assuming it was an internal problem since I did not have anything out of the ordinary happen that day that I caused.

HP accused me of dropping the computer and refused to cover the repair. 

Again, I used the computer the way it was designed to be used (portable) and protected it with a HP product that was designed to protect it from normal every day use. 

HP basically says that it does not stand by its own protective carrying case.  HP misleads customers by saying that its warranty covers "defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product" (see under "HP limited warranty" section "Extent of limited warranty" letter "d") when does not. 

The warranty should say that HP will find a way to blame the customer for the problem so the customer might as well add on the cost of HP's most expensive additional warranty to the cost of the computer if the customer expects any hope of having the computer repaired if something goes wrong.

Seriously reconsider buying from HP.

Student
gmartin0022
Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: HP does not honor its warranty/ warranty not honored/ bad customer service/ misleading

then take them to court over the junky case. go to small claims. sue them for the entire amount, fees to file. it is a design flaw that is their problem, not yours. you didn't contract the maker, they did.
Honor Student
jesuschrist
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: HP does not honor its warranty/ warranty not honored/ bad customer service/ misleading

HP is going down because of it's terrible tech support!! You are not alone. Why install HP MVP when windows supplies all of these features! So when you get your PC and set it up, you have duplicated apps, files, folders. etc.. Too many drivers has always been a problem with PCs but could easily be resolved by the user.

I will not buy another HP PC and I have bought and resold 100+ HP PCs in the last 10 years and I made HP the only PC bought by Advantage Payroll which has mutiple franchises and branch offices worldwide.

How in the hell do you rebuild the media center's files and folders?

I have tried all of the fixes available with no success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation