HP dv6500 series will not turn on (29761 Views)
Honor Student
jbcindy
Message 11 of 28 (12,450 Views)

Re: HP dv6500 series will not turn on

Thanks, I found that site about an hour ago :-) and I think it is helpful.
Student
rajs
Message 12 of 28 (12,218 Views)

I too have a DV6500t which is not starting. Its 4 months out of warranty

I hear the fan going but nothing on the screen.

Called HP support and got the answer which lot of others on this thread got, that this model is not covered.

Which Site are you taking about.

Student
RichRef
Message 13 of 28 (12,091 Views)

Same happened to me  last night... 5 months out of warranty... DV6500 series ( actually dv6662se).   Just plain died.  Startup starts the fan and the lights and spins the cd... but no HD activity.    HP support wants 298 to fix....   It's disappointing that the problems match but they say it's not covered under the 'Limited Warranty Service Enhancement'.

Hopefully someone will have some good news... I'm going to try the freezer!

my Daughter has a DV6700 , I may try swapping HD's just so I can back up the data one last time.   I tried swapping drives with my DV4500 but it didn't work and gave me a blue screen.  Probably a chipset mismatch.

Tutor
donkat
Message 14 of 28 (11,578 Views)

I have an hp pavilion dv9720us which is about a year and a half old. My computer was working great. I turned it off and the following week I went to turn it on and nothing, no led lite at the a/c plug in, nothing. I disconnected the ac and used battery only and all I got was a flash of two amber lights at my battery indicator. I removed the battery and tried ac only, nothing at all. My machine has now been taken down as far as it will go. I have ordered a new mobo and will reinstall all my components and see what happens. The problem seems to stem around the Nvidia Graphics card which is installed directly to the board. My deal is even with a card gone bad, I should still get my LED light to show at the ac plug in on the computer. The Nvidia 8500 series is what may be causing all this mess, I really don't know. 
Student
rennayg123
Message 15 of 28 (10,077 Views)

ece of junk...It will not power up lights come on sometimes the windows screen will light up. took it back to Harvey Normans (Ballarat) they told me it wasnt worth fixing or sending back to HP throw it in the bin and buy another brand considering its not that old we are upset we have lost all our work including kids homework they reluctently have to redo over the holidays. This is a well known problem with HP they really dont care .....

Student
srh95
Message 16 of 28 (9,831 Views)

Re: HP dv6700 series will not turn on

I have the same problem.  My dv6700 turned on earlier today, then shut itself off and wouldn't turn on again.  I contacted HP and they graciously offered to repair my computer for a mere $295.00 plus tax (as a discount to the normal fee of $400).  HP did not acknowledge this as a known problem.  I will never, buy an HP product again and I will be telling everyone I know to avoid purchasing HP products in the future.

Student
gushn22
Message 17 of 28 (9,428 Views)

Re: HP dv6700 series will not turn on

hi i have the same problem with my hp dv6500 , after a few minutes it sudenly shuts down , i wonder if any of you know how to fix the problem

DHG Honor Student
Honor Student
DHG
Message 18 of 28 (9,410 Views)

My laptop will not start after BIOS update pushed to me by HP Healthcheck.HP will not fix and expects me to replace PC or pay $399 for new board. Does anyone know how many have lost PCs?

They admitted on the service call (that cost $49) that this problem is now worldwide as they push Windows 7 software to all PCs without informing customers that this will destroy your PC if not on Windows 7.  I spent two hours on the phone while a service person from India asked me to disconnect and reconnect the memory, optical disk, hard drive all in succession.  There was no way these diagnostics would work. 

Honor Student
Calvin62
Message 19 of 28 (5,910 Views)

having the same problem with my  Hp DV6500, will not power up.. can't find any logical explaination for it.   I agree, the blue light by the power input means nothing other than the power supply is working.  I did connect the power supply to another laptop of the same kind and it worked find, so I know it's ok.  I have replaced the battery, other than pulling the memory and hard drive and trashing the unit, I believe I have been sucker'ed by HP

Student
Jawahar
Message 20 of 28 (5,899 Views)

I too have simila problem, I am fedup of this HP Laptop. Firstly the screen was gone (line on all over the screen ), now the second problem. Service center people ask for more money to get that repaired :smileysad: ..... any one has any infor about the solution please.....

What would be the cause (hardware issue OR Software )????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation