HP laptop refund policy (5246 Views)
Honor Student
henry96s
Message 1 of 8 (5,246 Views)

HP laptop refund policy

Hello,

I purchased an HP Pavilion Dm4 laptop a few months ago, and had to send it in for warranty service in the beginning of October. I've been in contact with dozens of people from every continent on this planet in an attempt to get my laptop back. Finally, I was able to talk to a lovely "case manager" who stated that if we complained enough, they would send me a new unit since the repair is taking longer than 11 days. Thanks to this unpleasant experience, and more than a month of using only a smartphone to operate a business, I am not sure if I want to deal with HP in the future. Will I able to get a refund on the product instead of another one?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (5,213 Views)

Re: HP laptop refund policy

This is a user to user forum, Please Contact HP directly.

USA
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Everywhere else
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Top Student
Xarthus
Message 3 of 8 (5,009 Views)

Hi henry96s  

I've been having the same problem.  Laptop died at the beginning of last November, 3 weeks after I bought it.  I could only get in contact with HP more than 5 weeks later in January and it still isn't resolved.  I have had untold misery dealing with HP... I've spoken to every department, escalated dozens of times - I am currently up to dealing with Customer Relations (I was given a number to speak to a department that could put me through to them: 03 8833 6623) however I encountered a rather unpleasant lady by the name of Natalia who in the end, would not escalate the call for me (she promised a call back from her manager... I've heard that every day for the last 2 months - currently the score stands at 0 call backs) and ended up hanging up on me as our conversation went past the point their office was closed - it is 2pm here.

So I have no choice but to once again wait until Monday for a resolution... and likely many more months.  I no longer want the laptop - I was forced to buy another machine.  Tell me Henry - what happened with your situation in the end?  Or have they continued to treat you like this until now?

PhD Student
Knute
Message 4 of 8 (4,968 Views)

Xarthus wrote:

Hi henry96s  

I've been having the same problem.  Laptop died at the beginning of last November, 3 weeks after I bought it.  I could only get in contact with HP more than 5 weeks later in January and it still isn't resolved.  I have had untold misery dealing with HP... I've spoken to every department, escalated dozens of times - I am currently up to dealing with Customer Relations (I was given a number to speak to a department that could put me through to them: 03 8833 6623) however I encountered a rather unpleasant lady by the name of Natalia who in the end, would not escalate the call for me (she promised a call back from her manager... I've heard that every day for the last 2 months - currently the score stands at 0 call backs) and ended up hanging up on me as our conversation went past the point their office was closed - it is 2pm here.

So I have no choice but to once again wait until Monday for a resolution... and likely many more months.  I no longer want the laptop - I was forced to buy another machine.  Tell me Henry - what happened with your situation in the end?  Or have they continued to treat you like this until now?

Email the CEO http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Intern
    Ben_W
    Message 5 of 8 (4,145 Views)

[ Edited ]

They will pretty much do anything to not give you a refund. I'm sure they probably break 10 laws by having there "case managers" tell you lies to get you to stop bugging them. I'd just make sure to never by HP again. Either get a mac or a dell, Hp is rated horrible for customer service {Content Removed} to try and get employee of the month. I've had nothing but problems with my 2000 dollar laptop for two years its been "fixed" like 4 times then they sent me a new one. All the time i was demanding a refund and they just blow it off. I guess they don't take pride in their products, customers, and certainly their customer service.

Intern
    Ben_W
    Message 6 of 8 (4,144 Views)

I did this and never got a response. As long as they are making their money they don't care about a few customers. Dell or mac is the only way to get a quality product with the treatment a paying customer deserves.
    Top Student
    sylviasur
    Message 7 of 8 (4,139 Views)

[ Edited ]

I bought a G7; it was out of order within one month of purchase. I hate system 7.  3 months to go on warranty , they are repairing computer.

I bet it is no better than it was 8 monmths ago. {Content Removed: legal discussion}

Tried for credit or refund or new computer...ha ha. Spent almost 100 hours on phone with variously talented "techies" 

Never again will HP see my money.

Top Student
    sylviasur
    Message 8 of 8 (4,138 Views)

RIGHT ON !

tHEY ARE THE WORST...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation