HP pavilion dv6700 (786 Views)
Student
gregpa
Message 1 of 2 (786 Views)

HP pavilion dv6700

My laptop has stop turning on the display. it seems to power up but then nothing on the display. I tried connection to my lcd through the hdmi and nothing there either. I know its probably the video card but as a matter of coincidence I had just noticed that the firewall was turned off. Computer then locked up so I restarted. Now this. Could it be a virus or some type of malware causing this?Thanks in advance for your help. BTW I bought this at Circuit city about 19 months ago.
Honor Student
jasn
Message 2 of 2 (717 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv6700

The same thing just happened to me.  Re-booted and now no video but all the lights light up and if you let it sit  there for awhile you can hear the fan kick on really loud.  I.ve removed and replaced all the memory, H.D. battery, CMOS Batt.  I get post codes if all the memory is removed.  Other than that not a flash or a beep for codes.  Must just be ha

gregpa wrote:
My laptop has stop turning on the display. it seems to power up but then nothing on the display. I tried connection to my lcd through the hdmi and nothing there either. I know its probably the video card but as a matter of coincidence I had just noticed that the firewall was turned off. Computer then locked up so I restarted. Now this. Could it be a virus or some type of malware causing this?Thanks in advance for your help. BTW I bought this at Circuit city about 19 months ago.

ngin on the video.,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation