Question

Honor Student
brinker
Message 1 of 13 (57,013 Views)

HP pavilion dv7-1232nr wireless button - how to turn on

I cannot use the lap top around the house wirelessly because Windows cannot find any additional networks.  I use Comcast cable internet and netgear router on my pcs. Where is the switch on the note book to turn on the wireless capability so that I can move around?
Master's Graduate
bwolper
Message 2 of 13 (57,032 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7-1232nr wireless button - how to turn on

On your netbook, the wireless button is abover the keyboard all the way to the right.  Push that button to turn on and off the wireless function.

Tell us is this solves your problem.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Honor Student
brinker
Message 3 of 13 (56,998 Views)

Thank you so much bwolper!!!  You just saved me a lot of grief. I never would have found it myself.

By the way since I can access wirelessly the internet in my house using the router to my cable can

my next door neighbors use my internet connection without my knowledge?

Master's Graduate
bwolper
Message 4 of 13 (56,995 Views)

Yes, they can unless you set security settings to keep them out.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Student
daveanrold
Message 5 of 13 (51,246 Views)

Seems like the wireless function with the HP Pavilion is wide spread. My wireless "blue light" (upper right corner above the keyboard stay son regardless of pushing the button to ENABLE or DISABLE.....No matter...the computer internal wireless is inop.....works find with an externally plugged in wireless...thoughts???

Student
yjosephkim
Message 6 of 13 (50,573 Views)

Re: HP pavilion entertainment pc wireless button - how to turn it on

I lost wireless capabillity on on my notbook  pc. How to I turn it on?

Top Student
Expat2
Message 7 of 13 (50,107 Views)

Re: HP pavilion entertainment pc wireless button - how to turn it on

My blue light would not turn on from new (Pavilion dv7- 2250) Only found out after adding lots of personal details etc in documents so fixed it myself. The wireless module in small panel underneath has two clip on connectors, one of them was not connected. Brand new straight from HP dealer!!!!!

Student
tgthsu
Message 8 of 13 (49,884 Views)

I cannot turn the blue light off.  I was trying to by-pass the wifi for security reason.  How do I turn it off?

Honor Student
dudethatfixedit
Message 9 of 13 (48,195 Views)

OK FIRST PRESS THE ICON ON THE STRIP ABOVE THE KEYBOARD THE WIFI WORK BETTER THE CLOSER IT IS TO A SIGNAL SO IF IT IS RED DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT ON JUST NOT CONNECTED GET ATHEROS 11a/b/g/n WIRELESS LAN ADAPTOR DRIVER VERSION 9.2.0.113 . GOTO THE CONTROLL PANEL NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER CLICK MANAGE NETWORK THEN CLICK ON WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION. LOCATE A NETWORK CLOSE BY CONNECT. TOOK ME FEW HOURS TO FIX THIS I HOPE I HELPED

dudeman420

Honor Student
dudethatfixedit
Message 10 of 13 (48,189 Views)

http://download.wireless-driver.com/driver/Atheros/atheros-pci-win7-9.2.0.113-whql.zip JUST INCASE U HAD TROUBLE FINDING THIS NETWORK CONTROLLER DRIVER.

DUDEMAN420

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation