HP simple pass - Troubleshooting (9448 Views)
Student
Parthasarathy
Message 1 of 7 (9,448 Views)

HP simple pass - Troubleshooting

I could not proceed HP simple pass identification protection even though i reinstall the same

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 7 (9,398 Views)

Re: HP simple pass - Troubleshooting

Hi,

Check below link to HP document:

Setup and Use HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
antiqueboat
Message 3 of 7 (1,681 Views)

Just spent the last hour and 30 minutes with HP tech support attempting to get SimplePass2011 to work to no avail.  It will regognize my fingerprints for any activity except logon to the computer, where it states that my fingerprints have not been enrolled.  No alternative software seems to be available.  HP needs to better support this feature!  The only alternative offered by tech support was to reinstall windows, not something I want to undertake at this time.

Student
hectorperezvela
Message 4 of 7 (1,470 Views)

tengo windows 8 recien instalado he bajado todas las caracteristicas del sistema no me funciona el SIMPLE PASS

Student
crossczech
Message 5 of 7 (1,268 Views)

I've had the scanner fail twice for log on only, it worked fine once windows booted (Win 7).  Found no real solutions that worked; however, doing a system restore to the last save solved the problem.

Honor Student
abby111
Message 6 of 7 (590 Views)

i have reinstalled hp simple pass but i can,t get it to do anything i can,t enroll my finger or anything the light flashes but that,s all it does

HP
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 7 (544 Views)

Hello abby111. I understand you are experiencing issues with SimplePass. To assist you properly, I do require the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

SuperMario1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation