Question

Honor Student
nedsturm
Message 1 of 8 (2,628 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP simple pass asks for master password

I have a HP dv6-6c54nr win7 Bit. My simple pass stopped working on windows login months ago, I checked control panel and that wasn't problem. Now it doesn't work on half the websites and when it does it asks for master or windows password. I thinking its time to uninstall and reinstall. Can someone help?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 8 (2,608 Views)

Re: HP simple pass asks for master password

Hi Ned,

You could well be right.  Even good software can corrupt from being on the system for a while.

If you can open the software at all, please do an Export of your webcards before you reinstall / repair the SimplePass software.

Export the Webcard Database:

If you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards before proceeding.  In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assure that you have copies of your driver and SimplePass software installation packages:

Go to the top of this Forum page - to Support and Drivers

• Enter your notebook model number
  • Open the HP web page for your Product / Model
  • Go to the Software and Drivers Downloads page
  • Enter your Operating System

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion dv6-6c54nr Entertainment Notebook PC

• Scroll down - Go to category Driver – Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
  • Select “Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver” (Newest Version)
  • Save this installation package onto your computer.  Make a note of the file's NAME and its location.
  • If applicable, Go to category Software - Security section and click to open it.
  • Select the SimplePass package
  • Save this installation package onto your computer.  Make a note of the file's NAME and its location. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to Repair the SImplePass Software:

Control Panel > Programs and Features >

Look for this program:

Right-Click on HP SimplePass
Select "Repair"

If the "Repair" does not work, then you can uninstall the software and reinstall from the package that you downloaded from your HP Website. 

Once you get the HP SimplePass software reinstalled,

• reboot the system,
  • start the SimplePass software,
  • enroll some fingerprints,
  • stop if you want, log out, and check to see if the login works...
  • Then - start the software again and Import that .tsd file with your webcards.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
LillyRafa
Message 3 of 8 (1,606 Views)

I have doneall this and more. Now that I uninstall SImple Pass, reinstall it, when I try to tp logon to Windows keeps saying that my password is incorrect.

I even try to change my windows password, but it did not work!

What kind of hardware provider will release an update that will kill its own hardware?!

Please HP do something about this?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 8 (1,580 Views)

LillyRafa,

Can you please give me the exact model number of your computer? Also, what operating system are you using?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
LillyRafa
Message 5 of 8 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]

DM43099se beats

Serial Number:   {Private Information Removed}
Product Number:   A6X76UAR

Honor Student
LillyRafa
Message 6 of 8 (1,561 Views)

I am using Windows 7
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 8 (1,551 Views)

Sorry for the late response. Are you not able to log in to Windows at all at this point? Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
LillyRafa
Message 8 of 8 (1,541 Views)

I am using windows 7. Answering your question, yes I am not able to log on to windows through the simple pass.

I am able to login using my password, but when I try to setup simple pass to do this to me like before, keep saying that the windows password is incorrect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation