Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavillion dv6-3122us Notebook PC. I get messages when transfering files about the faster "High Speed USB 2.0 port".  My user manual tells me that I have three ports, one of which is a 2.0 port but I am unable to tell which is the 2.0 port. Can anyone help me find the information on the location and identification of the usb ports?

James Worthen Sr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just got offline with an HP tech rep and He told me that the high speed 2.0 port was, in fact, the eSATA/USB port.

With this port it gives me four ports and I would not have suspected that this was even a USB port as it looks slightly different than the usual USB ports. I pluged my Bluetooth adapter into this port and it is working just fine. I have not tried to transfer files with this port yet, except photos with bluetooth, but when I do I will be looking to see if I still get the same message while transfering. I doubt that I will. I believe that this question has been resolved and I will mark it as such My. thanks to all who responded.

James Worthen Sr

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I guess that you have all three ports USB 2.0. This message comes up when you have connected an usb device like an external hard drive to a usb hub. It means that you should use the laptop's usb port instead of a usb hub. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

I have this same issue with my computer, pavilion dv1659us notebook! I use my Blackberry Smartphone for tethering and once in awhile (not everytime), a message pops up that says "this device could perform faster" when I click on the message it brings up a list of USB ports but does not tell which one is a high speed port. I connect my phone directly to the front most port on the computer, not a hub.

Could this message be in error? I also run an external hard drive off one of the other ports and an optical mouse off the other and never get this message with any of the others!

I would like to see my internet connection run faster but I feel it may be a limitation of the phone rather than the connection to the computer.

What do you think?

HP Recommended

I receive the same info, a list of ports but it doesn't tell me which is which. I really don't know where to go for the info. I attempted an online chat with an HP tech but I guess they were pretty busy, never got connected. I'll try again.

Thanks to all of you who have responded, we'll find the answer yet.

James Worthen Sr
HP Recommended

I just got offline with an HP tech rep and He told me that the high speed 2.0 port was, in fact, the eSATA/USB port.

With this port it gives me four ports and I would not have suspected that this was even a USB port as it looks slightly different than the usual USB ports. I pluged my Bluetooth adapter into this port and it is working just fine. I have not tried to transfer files with this port yet, except photos with bluetooth, but when I do I will be looking to see if I still get the same message while transfering. I doubt that I will. I believe that this question has been resolved and I will mark it as such My. thanks to all who responded.

James Worthen Sr
HP Recommended

Where is the high speed usb port located on myHP pavilion

HP Recommended
go to Start
on search field type in: CMD > (right click) run as admin
>t(ype in): NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES > ENTER
>go to shutdown options: LOGOFF
> remove all devices that is connected to your computer
> LOGON TO THE ADMINISTRATOR
> plug-in the device
> you will see this message : windows detected that the program is not running properly . Windows applied compatibility to computer.
> restart Kv and remove the device
> wait for 15 seconds and refresh your home screen
> then, insert the device
> kindly wait for the message to appear again

HP Recommended

which usb ports are 2.0 on hp pavillion?

HP Recommended

Hello sevenstars. Usually, a USB 3.0 port contains a blue tinge inside the port. Otherwise, and unless specified differently, it is a USB 2.0 port. For a more thorough analysis, I would need the model number of the computer. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Let me know if this helps.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

where is my port location on my computer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.