Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (17,280 Views)
Accepted Solution

High speed USB 2.0 port physical location

I have an HP Pavillion dv6-3122us Notebook PC. I get messages when transfering files about the faster "High Speed USB 2.0 port".  My user manual tells me that I have three ports, one of which is a 2.0 port but I am unable to tell which is the 2.0 port. Can anyone help me find the information on the location and identification of the usb ports?

James Worthen Sr
Accepted Solution

Re: High speed USB 2.0 port physical location

I just got offline with an HP tech rep and He told me that the high speed 2.0 port was, in fact, the eSATA/USB port.

With this port it gives me four ports and I would not have suspected that this was even a USB port as it looks slightly different than the usual USB ports. I pluged my Bluetooth adapter into this port and it is working just fine. I have not tried to transfer files with this port yet, except photos with bluetooth, but when I do I will be looking to see if I still get the same message while transfering. I doubt that I will. I believe that this question has been resolved and I will mark it as such My. thanks to all who responded.

View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 12 (17,263 Views)

I guess that you have all three ports USB 2.0. This message comes up when you have connected an usb device like an external hard drive to a usb hub. It means that you should use the laptop's usb port instead of a usb hub. 

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Student
Message 3 of 12 (17,240 Views)

I have this same issue with my computer, pavilion dv1659us notebook! I use my Blackberry Smartphone for tethering and once in awhile (not everytime), a message pops up that says "this device could perform faster" when I click on the message it brings up a list of USB ports but does not tell which one is a high speed port. I connect my phone directly to the front most port on the computer, not a hub.

Could this message be in error? I also run an external hard drive off one of the other ports and an optical mouse off the other and never get this message with any of the others!

I would like to see my internet connection run faster but I feel it may be a limitation of the phone rather than the connection to the computer.

What do you think?

Top Student
Message 4 of 12 (17,228 Views)

I receive the same info, a list of ports but it doesn't tell me which is which. I really don't know where to go for the info. I attempted an online chat with an HP tech but I guess they were pretty busy, never got connected. I'll try again.

Thanks to all of you who have responded, we'll find the answer yet.

James Worthen Sr
Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (17,213 Views)

I just got offline with an HP tech rep and He told me that the high speed 2.0 port was, in fact, the eSATA/USB port.

With this port it gives me four ports and I would not have suspected that this was even a USB port as it looks slightly different than the usual USB ports. I pluged my Bluetooth adapter into this port and it is working just fine. I have not tried to transfer files with this port yet, except photos with bluetooth, but when I do I will be looking to see if I still get the same message while transfering. I doubt that I will. I believe that this question has been resolved and I will mark it as such My. thanks to all who responded.

James Worthen Sr
Student
Message 6 of 12 (15,442 Views)

Where is the high speed usb port located on myHP pavilion

Tutor
Message 7 of 12 (13,118 Views)

go to Start
on search field type in: CMD > (right click) run as admin
>t(ype in): NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES > ENTER
>go to shutdown options: LOGOFF
> remove all devices that is connected to your computer
> LOGON TO THE ADMINISTRATOR
> plug-in the device
> you will see this message : windows detected that the program is not running properly . Windows applied compatibility to computer.
> restart Kv and remove the device
> wait for 15 seconds and refresh your home screen
> then, insert the device
> kindly wait for the message to appear again

Student
Message 8 of 12 (7,475 Views)

which usb ports are 2.0 on hp pavillion?

Retired
Message 9 of 12 (7,388 Views)

Hello sevenstars. Usually, a USB 3.0 port contains a blue tinge inside the port. Otherwise, and unless specified differently, it is a USB 2.0 port. For a more thorough analysis, I would need the model number of the computer. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

Let me know if this helps.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Message 10 of 12 (4,271 Views)

where is my port location on my computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation