Question

Honor Student
Monica-Sweden
Message 1 of 7 (7,019 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I find out if my Notebook has Bluetooth?

I bought a Bluetooth Number Pad and tought that I could connect it to my HP G62-b31EO Notebook PC, but when I tried my PC couldn't find the Pad. How can I find out if my Notebook has Bluetooth? If not can I download or update it in any way?

Tutor
Merl_2k11
Message 2 of 7 (7,006 Views)

Re: How can I find out if my Notebook has Bluetooth?

[ Edited ]

Do you have a bluetooth icon in the icon notification area (check/expand the icons in corner where the time is located)?

You can check to see if the device was installed correctly by Windows via the device manager (right-click 'My Computer' --> properties --> device manager.).....

What version of Windows?  W7 typically does a good job of detecting & installing devices.

EDIT:

A quick look at the product specs lookos like BT is not available....

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c02540994.pdf

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 3 of 7 (6,992 Views)

Monica-Sweden wrote:

I bought a Bluetooth Number Pad and tought that I could connect it to my HP G62-b31EO Notebook PC, but when I tried my PC couldn't find the Pad. How can I find out if my Notebook has Bluetooth? If not can I download or update it in any way?

Hi,

I also think that you don't have bluetooth in the laptop but you can buy a bluetooth usb dongle. I have also checked the maintenance and service guide and there is a bluetooth module pn: 537921–001 plus a bth cable pn: 605904–001 available for G62 laptops model 1.0 only. However, I don't know what model the laptop is. 

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Monica-Sweden
Message 4 of 7 (6,992 Views)

Thanks, I was afraid that was the answer. Do you know if it is at all possible to update the Notebook with Bluetooth?

Honor Student
Monica-Sweden
Message 5 of 7 (6,990 Views)

Ok, thanks, I'll see if that solves the problem.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 6 of 7 (6,978 Views)

I have noticed that models 1.1 have a dedicated graphics card but yours laptop has an integrated Intel one so it could be possible. You have to find out what laptop it is. I can't tell you that because I simply haven't found any clue how to determine it yet..:smileyhappy:

If the laptop is a 1.0 model, you can definitely upgrade it.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 7 (6,333 Views)

Hi,

You may buy usb micro Bluetooth adapter.

With that kind of device you don't need to even remember then it's plugged.

Few propositions on Newegg: here, here, here, here and here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation