HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-02-2013 09:39 PM
I've purchased a new HP Laptop (see specs below) in January 2013. I've never actived HP SimplePass nor used it. I also don't ever want to use it. Just recently I am plagued by numerous popups of the HP Simple Pass login page. I don't want t log in and I don't want to continuously deal with these pop ups, which occasionally pop up every few minutes. I haven't made any changes to my computer to warrant this pop up activity. What is going on?
Can I unintall the Simple Pass software without impacting the performance of other aspects of my computer?
Urgent help needed.
HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC
- • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- • 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
- • Intel(R) HD Graphics
- 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- • 32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
- • 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- • SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- • HP TrueVision HD Webcam
- • 802.11b/g/n WLAN