Question

Student
NiiPuu
Message 1 of 5 (8,553 Views)

How can I turn off the "hot keys" on my laptop?

Hello, I've currently been having some issues with these "hot keys" on my laptop and it's really irritating expecially when those are the hot keys I need to use for potions and ect. during my gaming. Can someone please help me? It's a HP Pavilion dv7 61-63us if I remember correctly, so can anyone please help me on this?

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (8,535 Views)

Re: How can I turn off the "hot keys" on my laptop?

Are you referring to F1 - F12 keys on your Notebook? If thats the case,  you can disable these keys and can activate it only when FN key is pressed as a combination on the Notebook. 

Refer below link for additional info

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
spartan3085
Message 3 of 5 (7,936 Views)

ok so i thought thease keys were hot-keys maybe i am mistaken the keys that i wish to disable are the keys directly under the esc button for hotmail the cyberlink webcam internet printer and calculator hot-keys. it becomes very irritateing when i am doing other things and i attempt to push either esc tap caps lock or the shift button and thease things start to pop up. i need a way to disable them please if u could render assistance it would be very appreciative!

Student
Unblessed
Message 4 of 5 (7,859 Views)

Thanks alot proffeser kamat  it helped alot KUDOS to u sir

Student
AJB213
Message 5 of 5 (4,958 Views)

I am unable to use my mute and volume buttons without pressing Fn. I have tried to change it in the bios but it still does the same thing. How can i fix this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation