Message 1 of 4 (2,091 Views)

How do I defrag my computer Pavillion g7

how do I defrag my Pavillion g7

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (2,086 Views)

Re: How do I defrag my computer Pavillion g7

Hi

Here are the steps in how you can defrag your unit.

1.  Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Disk Defragmenter.Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Click Defragment Now.

Disk Defragmenter might take from several minutes to a few hours to finish, depending on the size and degree of fragmentation of your hard disk. You can still use your computer during the defragmentation process.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 4 (2,086 Views)

Hi,

If you're running Windows 7, it does a pretty good job of defragging in the background.

If you would like an application with a visual display of the defragging process, you could try the free application on the link below.

http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-Disk-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10567503.html?part=dl-6267754&subj=dl&tag...

Remember to de-select the System, Recovery and HP_TOOLS partitions as these should not be defragged.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 4 (2,053 Views)

Hi,

If you want to know more about Auslogics Disk Defrag then check the YouTube video below:

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation