Question

Top Student
msteve60
Message 1 of 3 (12,358 Views)

How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

Hello,

My computer is still under warranty and I need to replace my hard drive ASAP. I have a Notebook Pavilion dv6, but in order to email HP for support, I need to know even more specifics than this. For example, how do I tell if my computer is a "HP Pavilion dv6-6b19wm Entertainment Notebook PC" as opposed to a "HP Pavilion dv6-6b21heEntertainment Notebook PC."

Any method that includes turning my computer on won't work because my hard drive is fried.

Thanks and I would love to get an answer ASAP.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (12,354 Views)

Re: How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

Hi:

Please enter the product number in the box at the link below and you should get the support and driver page for your specific model.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

The product number is found on the same sticker on the bottom of your notebook as the serial number.

Paul

Honor Student
cbarber
Message 3 of 3 (12,328 Views)

Re: How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

I have to pop out my battery and the labeling is under it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation