Question

Honor Student
rlmosk
Message 1 of 2 (1,575 Views)

How do I get sound from laptop through to TV

I would like to watch some of the programs on Hulu.com on my TV but so far I am only able to get the video portion on the TV using the s-video cable which I know only carries the video portion of the signal.  Is there a way to get the sound through the TV instead of my laptop.  I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 with Vista Home Premium.

Thanks.

Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 2 (1,572 Views)

Re: How do I get sound from laptop through to TV

Hello rlmosk,

The only way to do that is if you have AUX in on the TV and a cord that has headphone jack on one end and red/white AUX/RCA (male) on the other end and then hook them to the TV on video 1 or video 2 (Whichever the S-Video is on) ... i think that will work ... i don't know because i have AUX in to my TV then use audio out from TV to Stereo through AUX cables

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation