Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,713 Views)

How do I get sound from laptop through to TV

I would like to watch some of the programs on on my TV but so far I am only able to get the video portion on the TV using the s-video cable which I know only carries the video portion of the signal.  Is there a way to get the sound through the TV instead of my laptop.  I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 with Vista Home Premium.

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (1,710 Views)

Re: How do I get sound from laptop through to TV

Hello rlmosk,

The only way to do that is if you have AUX in on the TV and a cord that has headphone jack on one end and red/white AUX/RCA (male) on the other end and then hook them to the TV on video 1 or video 2 (Whichever the S-Video is on) ... i think that will work ... i don't know because i have AUX in to my TV then use audio out from TV to Stereo through AUX cables

Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation