Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi byron2004gato,

You might have better response at the HP Spanish forum http://h30467.www3.hp.com/

HP Recommended

Can you please explain that further? I don't understand it. If you could give directions for someone not very computer literate it would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind. one of the other answers was good for this. I just don't know how to delete this post... -_-

HP Recommended

actually i used to just push f8 to reduce volume now (9 months after purchase) i have to hold down fn + f8 to reduce the volume

(how do i switch back)

HP Recommended

Hi. Recently I bought a HP LapTop and also faced with the "Fn" key inconvenience. So I wrote a small application called SFunKey to avoid pressing "Fn".  You can download it from here: http://depositfiles.com/files/u4jv17qql

Instuctiona are inside. Leave your comments.  🙂

HP Recommended

Don't be swit, I am here to show you, how to do it.

If you trying to disable the Fn key, that what you need to do. 

Hold the Fn key than press F11 key. You are all set, (now the fuctions for UIOP JKL M fuction are changed to regular) I hope that help.........................

HP Recommended

Holding down the [fn] button and pressing [num lk] cured my problem. Thank you for the leed.

HP Recommended

Jajaja noooo, estuve como tonta buscando respuesta a este problema por HORAS y al igual que tu, no lo resolvi con los BIOS. Solamente hice una cuenta para agradecerte! jaja so Gracias!!

HP Recommended

I think you're confusing the FN keys with the NUM LK.  Hold  FN and press NUM LK.  The keys with the squares around their special characters will no longer require holding the FN button.  To reverse it just hold FN and press NUM LK again.

HP Recommended

I tried this on my hp laptop and it didn't work. I didn't have to hold the fn key when I got my laptop but a few days ago out of nowhere my laptop started making me hold down the fn key. How do I fix this? 😧

HP Recommended

Try pressing the Windows key and the fn key at the same time. It worked for me... Good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.