11-10-2011 04:53 AM
I tryed to change my windows log in password, got a message that it was not possible to change?
But when I tried to log in after logoff, i cold not log in whith neither the old or the new??
How can I reset?
12-11-2011 09:10 AM
Try using a password reset application such as the free utility on the link below.
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
01-06-2012 06:34 PM
You can log on as administrator on safe mode.Press F8 when you start the computer and choose Safe Mode to get in.If you can not log in safe mode, try the tool bellow,it is the best method without lose anything.
In consideration of remaining all programs and data of the computer,I recomend you to use a passowrd tool:Windows Password Rescuer.It supports all versions of windows operation system.Recover Windows password without lose anything.Here are the simple guide:
Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer Personal and install it in any available computer
Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
Step 3: BIOS settings of your locked computer to make it boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive
Step 4: Reset Windows password successfully.
You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly.
01-22-2012 09:38 AM
If you forget your password, you can reset it using a password reset disk for your user account (or the password reset information stored on another type of removable media, such as a USB flash drive). If you don't have a password reset disk, you'll need to get someone with an administrator account on the computer to reset your password for you.
- If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
- Click Reset password, and then insert your windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
- Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
02-21-2012 06:35 PM
Hi. I have roughly the same problem, password needed. I didn;t set up a password when I got the Mini 1000, but it asked me for a password today. Showed 5A66F93F18 / owner ... I got around the problem with a hard-boot, but wondered if I could recover the factory-installed password for the next time ? Thanks, George
03-13-2012 10:35 PM
To reset hp laptop password, the following solutions may be can help.
1. Reset password with password reset disk.
2. Reset lost password with password software, such as chntpw, spower password reset tool.
2. Restore windows to factory mode.
08-10-2012 07:24 AM
After three failed passwords do you receive a code???
Let us know that code.
****Please mark Accept As Solution to the right if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher