Question
How do I reset a forgotten password?
Replies (21)

Student
levnujanne
Message 11 of 22 (419 Views)

Re: Password

Hi

I tryed to change my windows log in password, got a message that it was not possible to change?

But when I tried to log in after logoff, i cold not log in whith neither the old or the new??

How can I reset?

regards Jan

Provost
DavidPK
Message 12 of 22 (364 Views)

Hi Jan,

Try using a password reset application such as the free utility on the link below.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
locosta
Message 13 of 22 (342 Views)

Re: How do I reset a forgotten password?

You can log on as administrator on safe mode.Press F8 when you start the computer and choose Safe Mode to get in.If you can not log in safe mode, try the tool bellow,it is the best method without lose anything.

In consideration of remaining all programs and data of the computer,I recomend you to use a passowrd tool:Windows Password Rescuer.It supports all versions of windows operation system.Recover Windows password without lose anything.Here are the simple guide:
Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer Personal and install it in any available computer
Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
Step 3: BIOS settings of your locked computer to make it boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive
Step 4: Reset Windows  password successfully.
You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly.

Top Student
ChairsNJ
Message 14 of 22 (319 Views)

If you forget your password, you can reset it using a password reset disk for your user account (or the password reset information stored on another type of removable media, such as a USB flash drive). If you don't have a password reset disk, you'll need to get someone with an administrator account on the computer to reset your password for you.

1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
  2. Click Reset password, and then insert your windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
  3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
  4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Honor Student
xzqzq
Message 15 of 22 (293 Views)

Hi.  I have roughly the same problem, password needed.  I didn;t set up a password when I got the Mini 1000, but it asked me for a password today.   Showed 5A66F93F18 / owner ...  I got around the problem with a hard-boot, but wondered if I could recover the factory-installed password for the next time ?  Thanks,  George

Top Student
ChairsNJ
Message 16 of 22 (276 Views)

To reset hp laptop password, the following solutions may be can help.

1.  Reset password with password reset disk.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

2. Reset lost password with password software, such as chntpw, spower password reset tool.

2. Restore windows to factory mode.

Student
bobobinker
Message 17 of 22 (258 Views)

Re: How do I reset my computer to when it came out of box

Wife password protected as she filed for divorce

Honor Student
Shabai22
Message 18 of 22 (196 Views)

I need help resetting my password for a mini. Can you help me as well?
Honor Student
Shabai22
Message 19 of 22 (196 Views)

I need help resetting a password for my mini
Associate Dean
REO51ST
Message 20 of 22 (188 Views)

Welcome Shabai.

After three failed passwords do you receive a code???

Let us know that code.

We at the HP forum try to make your HP experience the best.

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation