Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

How do I turn on my internal webcam?HP Pavilion g7   serial [edited by Moderator     Product LF156UA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Click windows start button and type "Cyberlink YouCam" in search box and from search results open youcam software to activate webcam on the Notebook

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Click windows start button and type "Cyberlink YouCam" in search box and from search results open youcam software to activate webcam on the Notebook

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

You are amazing and so simple! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Needed this for a class! WIthout it; I would have failed--or had to go purchase another device that records and figure out the long instructions on that one. Thank you again, for saving me time and money--both of which are invaluable to me these days! 🙂

HP Recommended

I know this is an out of date post. But my laptop came without a paper manual, and a help search on using the webcam through HP Assistant  was fruitless. I read your post and ta-daa, everything started working. Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Have a new lap top camera will recive but not send says it is not turned on but can not find out how to turn on can you help?

HP Recommended

When I tried that it tells me to plug in my camera since the camera is builtin. When I go to device manager it shows up and says it is working properly. Is there a button I may have accidentally pushed?

HP Recommended

Hello Sarka72.  I understand you're having some trouble with your internal webcam.

I can't think of any way to disable the webcam other than in Device Manager.  I would like you to uninstall the driver and allow Windows to reinstall it.  During the process you can also check to see if it is disabled.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the "Imaging Devices" section.  
  3. Right click on your webcam and see if you have the option to "enable."  If you do then enable the device and stop here to test it's functionality.  If not continue with the next step.
  4. Right click on the device and select "uninstall." Remove the driver if prompted.
  5. Reboot the notebook and allow Windows to reinstall the device.  
  6. Test the functionality.  

Has the issue only occured recently?  If so you may want to restore the notebook back to a known working condition using Microsoft System Restore.  This article from Microsoft can walk you through the process. 

Let me know the results of these steps.  Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

It didn't work. I think it may be a hardware thing. I bought an extended warranty so I am going to take it back to the store.

Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

Good morning Sarka72.  

I appreciate the update and am glad to hear you can get the issue resolved by the retailer.  If you ever need anything in the future make sure to pay the forums a visit. 

Have an excellent week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello i have the same problem and none of the above suggestions have worked. im also wondering if it is a manufacture issue.  has many people had the same issue? is there anything else i can try. whenever i try to use skype it says i need to turn on or plug in my web came. whenever i start up the program cyber link "you cam" it says i need to turn on the web cam.  ive tried reinstalling the program twice. is there some way i need to turn it on? it says its enabled when i look at it in the device settings. any help would be appriciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.