Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello QuickTA,

I understand you’re having issues with your webcam.

Another route you can take would be to uninstall Youcam again. Then access the recovery manager and reinstall it that way. Now doing it that way reinstalls the original drivers for the device pretty much like it is coming from factory.

Steps to access recovery manager:

1.       Go to start menu, type recovery in the search box ( Do not press enter)

2.       If you look above that there should be an option that says recovery manager, click that.

3.       If  a permission box comes up press yes

4.       Recovery manager should then come up, under I need immediate help click on software/driver reinstallation

5.       Another window will come up and press next, then look for Youcam and install it again.

6.       Once that finishes restart your PC and test.

If that does not work either you might have a hardware issue with your webcam or it could have possibly become unplugged underneath the screen.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Hello! Ive tried this but when i go to Device Manager there is no section labled Imaging Devices. Ive expanded all sections to be sure but its not there any advice?

HP Recommended

Hello Eulalia1226,

In order for me to better assist you could you please provide the full make and model of the PC you have.  Providing me that information will better help me help you. If you're uncertain where to locate that information follow this link

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

hi! I'm having the same problem as to not finding imaging devices, where can I send you the information you've told the other person to send?

HP Recommended

@RedRose0528 wrote:

Hello QuickTA,

I understand you’re having issues with your webcam.

Another route you can take would be to uninstall Youcam again. Then access the recovery manager and reinstall it that way. Now doing it that way reinstalls the original drivers for the device pretty much like it is coming from factory.

Steps to access recovery manager:

1.       Go to start menu, type recovery in the search box ( Do not press enter)

2.       If you look above that there should be an option that says recovery manager, click that.

3.       If  a permission box comes up press yes

4.       Recovery manager should then come up, under I need immediate help click on software/driver reinstallation

5.       Another window will come up and press next, then look for Youcam and install it again.

6.       Once that finishes restart your PC and test.

If that does not work either you might have a hardware issue with your webcam or it could have possibly become unplugged underneath the screen.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

This totally worked on mine. I regestered only to thank you! You rock! Keep up the good work.

HP Recommended

Where can I downlaod the drivers for my webcam on HP g7 laptop ?

HP Recommended

No web cam shows up in Device Manager ?

HP Recommended

Hello UPSTATEJK,

I would like to try and help you with this, please click here for steps on troubleshooting the webcam.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I get to the youcam and it says 'no webcam detected.  Try plugging in a webcam into your computer.  If you are using an integrated camera, make sure it is turned on."  I can't find where to find the 'integrated camera' to turn on and I don't know why it's not working.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. I have an HP Probook 455 and I followed your instructions. Finally saw the little light on my webcam! How awesome is that???

Taking video or chatting will be much easier!

Thanks again!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.