Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Presario C300
P/N:RE027PA#AB0
Service C304TU

The Print Screen key is the 2nd key in the upper right corner of the key board.

The upper half of the key is insert

The lower half of the key is prt sc

Have tried many different ways to get it work but all failed.

How to make a print screen on this notebook, please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You mentioned: The lower half of the key is prt sc.

It is like that on my laptop too.  But since I always use a separate keyboard, I'd never run into the problem.  

Well, what you probably need to do is find a key with fn on it, the fn stands for function--I believe.  Pressing the fn key will activate the function on the lower half of the print screen key.   On my laptop the fn key is on the bottom row, to the left of the space bar.  

Press the fn  key and the prt sc  button to copy the screen to the clipboard as described above.  Then you can paste it into Paint, Word, or whatever program you choose to use.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

Let me know.

Thanks!

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Long, long, long ... time ago, press Prt Scrn key will send the contents of the screen to printer. Nowadays, under Windows, hitting Prt Scrn key will send/copy the contents of the screen to internal memory called Clipboard. We can use paste this Clipboard to any support applicatin sucg as Word, Paint, ..... Many software can capture screen now but Prt Scrn is a quick way to capture screen then paste to elsewhere. You may want to try:

(a) Hit Prt Scrn,

(b) Open an application such as Paint,

(c) Hit Ctrl+V (paste).

Now you can see the result.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

You mentioned: The lower half of the key is prt sc.

It is like that on my laptop too.  But since I always use a separate keyboard, I'd never run into the problem.  

Well, what you probably need to do is find a key with fn on it, the fn stands for function--I believe.  Pressing the fn key will activate the function on the lower half of the print screen key.   On my laptop the fn key is on the bottom row, to the left of the space bar.  

Press the fn  key and the prt sc  button to copy the screen to the clipboard as described above.  Then you can paste it into Paint, Word, or whatever program you choose to use.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

Let me know.

Thanks!

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Thanks.
I have used 6 laptops of 3 different brands and never had such a problem.
Have tried all what you are saying.
It might be that the key is working properly.
HP Recommended
Thanks.
Have never come across with such a problem since the first time I put my hands on a laptop many years ago.
It is very possible that the prt sc key on this laptop is out of order
since it is a product of 2005 or2006.

Thanks anyway!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.