Question

Tutor
spham24
Message 1 of 7 (7,072 Views)
Accepted Solution

How long do laptops last in general

I have a g60-237us.  I was just wondering on average, how long do laptops last?  I know if it's abused (dropped,water damage) it won't last as long but let's just say it's taken care of.....how long do these guys last on average.  

This is my first laptop and I don't plan on buying/upgrading anytime soon.  I just use it to surf the net, watch dvds, and store photos.

Anybody have a general idea?  Thanks.

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 7 (7,101 Views)

Re: How long do laptops last in general

spham24 wrote:

I have a g60-237us.  I was just wondering on average, how long do laptops last?  I know if it's abused (dropped,water damage) it won't last as long but let's just say it's taken care of.....how long do these guys last on average.  

This is my first laptop and I don't plan on buying/upgrading anytime soon.  I just use it to surf the net, watch dvds, and store photos.

Anybody have a general idea?  Thanks.

On average...the majority last 3-5 years.  If you take care of it, it could last a looong time. 
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 7 (7,080 Views)

My opinion is they also last longer if a notebook cooling pad w/fans is used_epecially during activities such as watching movies which cause the GPU to heat up fast.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Master's Graduate
bwolper
Message 4 of 7 (7,075 Views)

I agree with Kalt, 3 to 5 years is pretty common.  I still have one hp that is 6 years old that works fine.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Tutor
spham24
Message 5 of 7 (7,038 Views)

Thanks guys,

3-5 seems really short to me.  I think I should've just gotten a new desktop.  But, I can't carry that sucker around...I just hope this guy lasts me over 5 years

Student
Boatie
Message 6 of 7 (2,489 Views)

I am thinking of buying a new one while they are on special
Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 7 of 7 (2,473 Views)

Boatie wrote:
I am thinking of buying a new one while they are on special

Go for it, it's a good time to get a new machine!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation